“Great food, beautiful rooms, super nice staff, can't ask for more.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sulphur
The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Very plush hotel. Regular room had a huge tub. The food here is amazing. Your just not gonna find better food in a hotel. I suggest the sandwich when pigs fly . They have a spa , gym , bathhouse, resteraunt, shopping everything u need for a great comfortable weekend get away. Oh yeah did I mention the food is amazing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sean M
There are newer reviews for The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We visited on a beautiful day in mid-November and enjoyed our stay at the Artesian very much with one BIG exception. I love video poker and expected to visit their casino while my husband enjoyed our excellent accommodations. I knew the casino would be small, but was surprised to find no video poker machines as I walked around (and it doesn't take long!) There were exactly TWO, I was told by a cashier and they are at the bar. One wouldn't accept my card, so I was very limited in what I could play. After about an hour of no luck at all with that one machine (and putting up with a drunk I couldn't get away from), my husband came by and we left. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay otherwise, but they shouldn't even call themselves a casino, in my estimation. The hotel and its restaurant, however, are great and extremely well appointed.

This part of Oklahoma, which we'd never visited before, was beautiful with its fall colors abundant in the national park (!) right across the street from the hotel. There is also a very interesting Chickasaw Cultural Center nearby--well worth a morning or afternoon visit with a great cafe for lunch.

We left there after lunch and drove down to the sister hotel of the Chickasaw tribe, Winstar--now the world's biggest casino. What a contrast! However, both hotels are super and worth a visit.

Room Tip: There's not a lot of traffic in this little town, so noise is not a problem. The rooms are love...
3  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The décor in the hotel is amazing, and everything you see is spectacular. There are many shops to choose from. The restaurant is great and they also offer a buffet on certain nights. The spa is very nice as well. You don't expect to see something like this in Sulphur, Oklahoma but you need to stop by and look if you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miss_Ivy_92
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at this diamond of a hotel. We had no idea what to expect as this was a spontaneous getaway for my husband and I, but we couldn't have been more surprised to find this hotel in such an unlikely place as Sulphur, Ok. Not that there is anything wrong with the town, it is just you typical small town. The lobby, rooms, and the restaurant were first class. The bath house (large spa), indoor and outdoor swimming areas were just beautiful. The bar and the entertainment on Friday night were also great. The casino is small but very clean and enjoyable if you aren't there just for the casino. The shops around the casino were so much fun to shop in. We ate 4 meals in the restaurant and every one of them were delicious. Service was also very good. Across the street is the Chickasaw Recreation area, a beautiful place to drive around. Or, if the weather is good , a great place to go for a walk or run. I am not always so effusive about a place but we have traveled all over the world and this was one of our best getaways ever. Thanks for restoring this old hotel to such a wonderful place.

6  Thank Craig H
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed at the Artesian on a Saturday night. This is a new hotel built in the style of the original one built in 1906 and destroyed by fire in 1962. The décor is lovely, evoking a vintage era. The rooms are well-appointed with high-end toiletries, flat-screen t.v. and Keurig coffee maker. When you step out of the elevator onto your floor you enter a relaxing sitting area with chairs and sofas. There is free valet parking. The staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant was nice and prices quite reasonable. The hotel is not large but it is quiet and relaxing. The casino is small but we could always find a machine when we wanted to play. We did not use the pool or spa areas but other guests highly recommended the spa. We could not get the air conditioning to work in our room but they told us when we checked out that they would have taken care of it had we called. This is a little off the beaten path but I would return if I wanted another quiet, relaxing weekend.

6  Thank susieQ304
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here over the weekend, and found the accommodations very nice. Did not use spa services, so can't comment on them. This is a boutique 81 room hotel attached to a small casino, and the rooms are far larger and nicer than average, with high end linens, Keurig coffee/tea machines, and lots of outlets for your internet devices. Cute shops attached and lots of small shopping opportunities across the street. Operated by the Chickasaw Nation. So far, a wonderful hotel. We'll be back - a place to really wind down and relax!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TanaWatkins
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel itself is lovely. The outside is a charming old brick building. And then the inside is a beautifully styled modern hotel. Our rooms were large and well decorated. Plenty of easily accessed electric sockets :) (something that is hardly mentioned but a big deal these days.) I had a little difficulty accessing the free wifi. I couldn't get my ipad to pull up the accept terms page and so I couldn't connect for my first 4 hours. Which led me to the casino out of sheer boredom!

The casino is very small in my opinion. Not a big variety of games. I was surprised at the size but then again sulphur isn't a huge town so it's average for small town casinos. I didn't win anything :(

We ate at the restaurant. It was decent. We were here on a Friday and per previous reviews I was expecting a buffet. However it was a sit down restaurant with a menu.

I didn't go to the pool or gym areas. I was sad the pool closed at 10pm because we are night owls and I would've liked to have gone after playing slots for a bit.

All in all the hotel was very nice and enjoyable. Our room was lovely. Ours had a shower only, but a nice one. The restaurant was good. The casino eh. I'd go to the win star over coming here.

2  Thank Nightshifter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
Holiday Inn Ardmore I-35
Holiday Inn Ardmore I-35
#7 of 23 in Ardmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ardmore

Been to The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!