“Anniversary Retreat”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sulphur
The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sulphur
Moore, Oklahoma
“Anniversary Retreat”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Awesome service, room and food!!!! Our room was one of the corner suites and the view out our bay window was wonderful! The Hot Tub and swimming pool are hugh and very relaxing. The Springs Resturant is a great place to eat. Good selection and the food tastes wonderful.
The entire Hotel is beautiful to roam around. Rooms extra cared for.

Room Tip: Southwest corner room is over looking the National park!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tuttle, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 July 2014

You will be amazed at how very, very nice The Artesian is. The lobby, pool area and rooms are without question five star. Casino is relatively small but clean and enjoyable. Dinner at The Springs was excellent, some pricey items and some not...all were good. The connecting shops were delightful as well as the breakfast croissants at Bedre Cafe. We would like to see more to do in/around the area, but the Artesian itself is especially tastefully done. All staff members were pleasant and accommodating. Be sure to stop by the Rusty Nail Winery...and take some home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Newcastle, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in the governors suite, which was very nice! The hotel is very has just about everything you would need. Restaurants, and specialty shops around the hotel. I like how they separated the casino from the hotel, so it is very kid friendly. The pools are nice and the love the hot tub. Can't wait to take my grandson there next time. He will love the hot tub and cup cake place :)

Room Tip: The only complaint that I had was the hot water seemed to come and go while taking a shower in the m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Artesian H, eCommunity Manager at The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again soon!
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have been seeing this hotel advertised for a while and we finally decided to go check it out, and am I glad we did. I was really not sure I would like it because I was afraid it would be all about the casino. I pleasantly surprised to find out that the casino was in the back of the hotel and we never even had to see it.

The hotel is beautiful. The lobby and public areas are just beautiful and very comfortable. We chose an executive king room which are large corner rooms. The room was beautifully appointed and bed was extremely comfortable with great linens. The bathroom was nice and large with a separate tub and shower. The room also had a separate counter/sink combo outside the bathroom, which I think was intended to be a wet bar, but it worked great as a second dressing area.

The pool is both indoor and outdoor and is very nice with lots of comfy chairs and loungers all around. The hotel also has a huge indoor hot tub/jacuzzi area, which they call the Bathhouse. It's completely separate from the pool area and very relaxing.

We ate dinner in the Springs Restaurant. The food was really good, but the service was not great. I will go into more detail in a separate review of the restaurant.

I only have 2 complaints. The first is the late check in time. It's not until 4:00. We had spent the early part of the day seeing the sights of the area like the Chickasaw Cultural Center, and we were hoping to be able to get there and head to the pool to cool off. Unfortunately we couldn't checked in so we just had to kill time in some of the shops. I guess they would like you to go to the casino, but that's just not our thing.

My other complaint concerns the spa. I wanted a massage but they were booked. That's not the problem however, that's my fault for waiting until the last minute. The problem is that they don't seem to have a spa menu anywhere. Most hotels with spas list what they offer on their website or at least in the hotel guide in the room. Nothing. Even after going to the spa to see about a massage, I walked out unaware of exactly what all they offered. Please, just put something in print that lists what you offer and what it costs and make it easy for guests to find.

All in all, it's great and we are already planning our next trip to the Artesian.

2 Thank dcarson4
Artesian H, Social Media Manager at The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback, and I have sent it along to management. Please know we are in the process of getting the spa menu on our website. Additionally, you can contact the spa and they will happily send you the menu. If you plan to visit us soon and would like to see the offerings, you can email me at artesian@kochcomm.com and I will be glad to send you the current spa menu! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon at The Artesian Hotel!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Located in the small town of Sulphur, OK on Chickasaw Nation land. The front desk staff was very cordial and helpful. The valet and the concierge were very nice and informative. The rooms were very well appointed. The beds are very comfortable with quality linens and cozy pillows on them. The tub is a bit slippery probably due to the soft water and there is no "grab bar" to hold on to. Other than that it has a great shower with plenty of water pressure. The Springs, the full service restaurant, is very nice. The chicken-fried chicken was very good. There are several small shops connected and surrounding the Hotel as well as a small casino. It was extremely cold in the casino. Bring a jacket or sweater and long pants if you plan to spen any time at all in the casino.
The hotel is only a few miles off I-35 (exit 51) on Hwy 7 east. The town is a great looking small town and the towns people were very friendly.
My wife and I plan to visit, just to get-away and relax many times in the future. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk folks what they suggest when you check in. They won't steer you wrong.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Retiredat65
Artesian H, eCommunity Manager at The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for visiting our hotel and thank you for taking the time to review us! On your next visit, be sure to ask the front desk for an anti-slip mat for the shower, which should fix your slippery tub issue! We hope to see you as guest in our hotel very soon!
Garland, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I spent our 12th anniversary at the Artesian Hotel and Spa in Sulphur, Oklahoma. The hotel is luxurious, with large, elegant public areas and comfortable rooms with good beds and pillows, Keurig coffeemarkers, and refrigerators. While not extremely large, the rooms are luxurious. Artesian features beautifully appointed connected indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The indoor pool is heated. They also have the biggest hot tub I've ever seen at any hotel or resort. Both the pool and hot tub areas include restrooms with showers. The lower level of the hotel houses a number of interesting small shops and a Bedre Chocolate shop that also offers gourmet coffees and a selection of sandwiches. We didn't try the café in the hotel, but the smells emanating from it were enticing. There is a small casino attached to the hotel, and the Chickasaw Recreation Area is just across the street. The Chickasaws who settled the area called it the "peaceful valley of rippling waters." Spring-fed streams run through the park, and there are many hiking trails. It's a beautiful place, just steps from a beautiful hotel. Love this place!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad one, so far as I can tell. Each floor has a large, central lobby area.
1 Thank mimawsue
Happy 12th Anniversary! Thank you for spending your special day with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had such a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff went above and beyond. When we got there, there was a mixup with our reservations and despite the hotel being to capacity, the made sure to get us into a room with a wonderful view of the park. The pool was perfect, so were the shops. Want to try the spa next time. Very relaxing and low key weekend at this gem of a hotel. Highly, Highly suggest it. Only 2 hours north from Dallas, perfect overnight to relax.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. So sorry to hear about the mix up at check-in, but I'm glad we were able to fit your needs! We hope to see you again soon along with a reservation at the spa!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
#3 of 10 in Pauls Valley
SpringHill Suites Ardmore
SpringHill Suites Ardmore
#12 of 23 in Ardmore

Been to The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!