“Fantastic getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sulphur
The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a wonderful time. The hotel is beautiful, the room was very comfortable, the restaurant food and staff all fantastic, and the staff were all professional and courteous. The casino was nice and for a smaller casino it was well ventilated which is good as my wife is allergic to cigarette smoke; she had no complaints. This was a great get away for an over night trip and a happy surprise for my wife's birthday.

There are several nice antique shops and a winery all within walking distance and there are shops on the property as well. We have stayed at several "Casino Resorts" in Oklahoma and this was by far one of the nicest. I recommend researching the history behind this hotel. If the way things are done today are representative of days past is explains why several celebrities had stayed there. And the location in Central Oklahoma - off the Interstate - make this a nice quiet location for a peaceful stay with a lot of history in the area revolving around the Chickasaw Nation. We will be making The Artesian Hotel as stop in the future for either birthdays or anniversaries.

5  Thank DoubleT213
Artesian H, eCommunity Manager at The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is nice to see you enjoyed a little of the area's history during your stay. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Amazing that a place this nice could be found in the middle of Oklahoma. Very good staff and the spa was outstanding. Aubree Anna is tremendous! Pool was nice but not very "beach like" due to its location. The staff was very helpful and the food was good. Prices are good. Very easy to get to and is only going to be a secret for a short time. Word will get around.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SKIPinKELLER

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at The Artesian Hotel in July 2014. I had seen a story about it on Discover Oklahoma and wanted to stay there. I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful. The main lobby has lots of good seating and there are individual lobbies on each floor. The room was great with comfortable beds, a beautiful marble shower, and everything else one could want or need. We visited the Casino which was a fun experience, used the swimming pool and hot tub area, and had a meal at the restaurant (The Springs). We also visited the shops around the perimeter. It is a great getaway for friends, couples or family. Every hotel staff person was helpful and sincere. I highly recommend this facility. I will be back.

Room Tip: Every room was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Proud-Okie
Artesian H, eCommunity Manager at The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We are excited to see you enjoyed most aspects of our hotel! Thank you so much for visiting us and we hope to see you again very soon. Next time, you must try the Sole'renity Spa for the ultimate relaxing experience!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is my 2nd review for the Artesian. This is hotel is simply beautiful with great service and nice furnishings/lobbies on each level, along with a good restaurant (the Springs), indoor/outdoor pool, large relaxing indoor hot-tub like pool with rock wall waterfall, a cool bar (the Fountain), and a nice little casino. I had an Executive King room this time; I love the "regular" rooms but this one was fantastic! It had corner window seats, super comfortable bedding, a small balcony w/sliding door & overlooking pool area, a fantastic bathroom with separate tub and marble/slate shower with rain head, flat screen TV, Keurig coffee maker, iron & board, safe, micro fridge, everything. Staying here is a great R&R getaway! Relaxing, very quiet, wonderful. Check out the shops and Bedre' café around the perimeter of the hotel. I highly recommend staying at the Artesian hotel; you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Not much activity in Sulphur, OK but the Chickasaw National Recreation area is right across the str...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank sabrtuth

Thank you so much for visiting us! We are glad you enjoyed our popular Executive King Room. The corner window seat is definitely a great feature in this room! We hope to see you again soon here at The Artesian Hotel!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed on a Wednesday and Thursday night for our anniversary. Everything was wonderful, from the room to the employees. The only thing I would do differently would be better lighting in the bathroom. We loved every minute and will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ssflynn61

Thank you for visiting us at The Artesian Hotel! We appreciate your feedback on the lighting in the bathrooms. I have sent your feedback on to our management staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Because the General Manager assured us the heat and air system was now much improved, we stayed at the Artesian again recently -- 65 degrees for sleeping was perfect. Enjoyed The Springs Restaurant; the Fountain Club, especially Aubree-Anna's performance and the delightful Henry; the shops; and -- as we have for decades -- the Chickasaw National Recreation Area. The hotel and restaurant staff was unfailingly friendly and helpful, even though shorthanded at times. So I've upgraded my earlier review to "Excellent."

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your repeat visit and follow up on your previous review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us better this time and are very excited to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice accomodations, restaurant, cafe and gift shops on the property.
Beds too soft for me. Needed more elevators when they planned this hotel. Big complaint was waiting on elevator all of the time. No, we are not going to walk stairs at 67 years old. Very attentive staff. Very quite despite being on a busy highway all hours of the night. Well built. Bath house is very nice. Large whirlpool. Very nice swimming pool.
I would give this hotel a "5" but for one thing. A no firearms policy. I can understand this for the casino and bar. I will and did have my firearm in my room. I carried it into and out of the hotel. I did not carry it once the firearm was in my room. Did not carry into any shops, cafe or restaurant. I will have it in my room and in my possession when I leave for the parking area. That was a hassel. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Away from elevators
3  Thank Blueturtle1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Pauls Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Ardmore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ardmore

Been to The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!