“A-MAZ-ING!!!!! Wonderful place for our anniversary.”

Echo Canyon Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Sulphur B&B and Inns
FORT WORTH
“A-MAZ-ING!!!!! Wonderful place for our anniversary.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Found this while planning our 21st Anniversary. The only room available was Merlot Canyon. It was meant to be. Wonderful room - large bathroom, great furnishings, jacuzzi tub, saw deer from our balcony. Out in the quiet of nature, yet only 5 minutes from anything. Staff was great and so helpful. The breakfasts were so good and filling.

Dinner was amazing! The best duck. In fact, we had to ask what it was because we forgot and it didn't taste like any duck I have had.

We didn't use the spa services so I cannot review that. We have our own place we go to regularly otherwise we would have tried it.

We will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tigger_ttfn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We hit 15 years, so we figured it was time to do something special. Found Echo Canyon via Google and went for it. We selected the Hidden Creek Cottage, and it IS hidden! It was perfectly secluded, a beautiful room, and right in the heard of the wilderness like we wanted. Breakfast and dinner were both amazing as well - great views of wildlife and birds and fantastic food. Our only suggestion would be to fill the bird feeders! :) We are thankful for the beautiful place and the kind service we received.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband took me here for our Anniversary in 2013. It is in Sulphur,OK. It is on the out skirts of Sulphur, very quite. Our room had two beautiful four post hugh beds. A big screen TV and the most romantic hot tub in the corner of the room with candles all around it. There was a balcony where you could watch all he wild life around the area. While you ate, you could see hummingbirds feeding, Red Birds, Blue Jay, Squirrels , wild Turkey and even deer roam outside. The meals are awesome. It is more like a Bed and Breakfast. A nice quite dinning room, candles lite at night and bright for breakfast. I have been told they now have a message place and a large out door hot tub area. It is great for that special get away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at Echo Canyon for our 32nd anniversary. The room was extraordinary and the restaurant on the grounds had outstanding food for breakfast and dinner. We would recommend this place for anyone who wants a nice quiet getaway will all the luxuries of a 5 Star hotel. The spa and hot tub was amazing and the scenery was magnificent. We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I spent a couple of days at Echo Canyon to celebrate our 50th birthdays. The place was absolutely magical. We stayed in the Carriage House and the room was amazing. They paid so much attention to detail. It was everything we could have hoped for on our romantic getaway. I can't even begin to describe how good our diner was. One of the best meals we have ever had. I would recommend this place to any couple wanting a relaxing, romantic vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhonda Y
Ada, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband surprised me by taking me to Echo Canyon for the night for our 20th Anniversary. It was something we wouldn't normally do. Overall it was a really good experience. We had the dinner which consisted of an excellent salad with their house dressing (yummy), garlic bread, filet minon, duck with plum sauce (not a fan), Alaskan Halibut, twice baked potato, green beans & asparagus. Dessert was a choice of cheesecake with blackberry sauce or a chocolate brownie with chocolate mousse (super yummy desserts!). The filet was the best I've had although it was not cooked the way I requested (I just ate around the outside). My husband had requested flowers, chocolate covered strawberries & rose petals for our room which were all in place (although the rose petals were fake & the flowers lower quality...maybe from wal-mart but I appreciated the effort). Breakfast was mediocre. Now downsides-on the balcony you can hear traffic (but can't see it), a large tree obstructed a really good view from our room, no shampoo in the shower, only decaf coffee in the room which my hubby doesn't like, one of the sinks would fill up & take a substantial time to drain, the staff was SUPER friendly but wait staff were not dressed as nice as I would expect & lastly-the toilet under the rim could be a lot cleaner). I would go back for maybe a special occasion but it was really pricey. It costed $500 for all described & the one night stay. I did absolutely love that it was a surprise & the bed was AWESOME!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
echo5804215076, Owner at Echo Canyon Spa Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We really appreciate this review, we do have new staff and obviously need better training right away, no shampoo and no coffee, SORRY We have 3 different coffees, in your room and Starbucks available in dining room. The steaks are only prime we have them cut 10 ounces, which some of the filets are up to 4 inches tall which is hard to cook medium well or well, but fantastic. The tree was removed today and the great view is back.Thanks
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed for the weekend in the hidden creek cottage to celebrate our 29th anniversary. Very secluded cottage with a wonderful back deck. Beautiful furnishings. Enjoyed the spa tub in our room. The dinners were beyond amazing! Steaks that melt in your mouth, duck, halibut, shrimp, crab & desserts that are heavenly! A wonderful weekend!!! We'll definitely be back! Very romantic! I'm already recommending to friends & family & planning a return trip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Pauls Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Admore
Baymont Inn & Suites Ardmore

Been to Echo Canyon Spa Resort? Share your experiences!