“One night stay made trip worth it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sulphur Springs Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sulphur
Sulphur Springs Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Sulphur B&B and Inns
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“One night stay made trip worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

The hotel is located RIGHT next to a state park with quiet, relaxing trails, clean creeks you can swim in and we wouldn't have known all of this if it weren't for the wonderful owner of this hotel! We chose this over the more commercialized Super 8 and we got the local, personalized experience we wanted. Maps and an explanation of all local sites, escort to our room which was decorated with quaint, country style furniture. Made us feel right at home, comfortable and SUPER relaxed. Worth it! Not to mention the complimentary breakfast that was made at the time we specified the night before.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TerrahB

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

My wife and I stay the Sulphur Springs Inn at least once a year when visiting southern Oklahoma and we've had a number of family get-togethers there over the years. The main building is old bathhouse that dates from the 1920's, and there is also a row of modern "cabins" next door that are set up to handle large families. This place may not be for everyone -- funky (although charming) decor, no TVs, and some of the rooms lack showers. But it's in a great location (right across the street from the park) and it's a refreshing change of pace from corporate cookie cutter motels. It's always fun to spend a few days with the innkeepers Charlie and Cheri, who are great hosts and have an in-depth knowledge of the area's rich history and culture.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank PCJ094
Lincoln, NE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

We just stayed here the past weekend while we were in town for a family reunion. I booked this based on pictures from the internet...however I now realize why there are very few pictures. I hesitate to ever leave poor reviews, so please know that this is not a negative review towards the owner Charlie, he was a very nice gentleman. I'm just leaving a clear review of what we encountered. We were in one of the cottage units, which are actually a triplex. The beds were firm and comfortable, but the room was full of dead bugs...even found one in our bed. Several things didn't work including the coffeemaker and the plumbing(you had to plunge after every use). After the first night, the people in the units next to us left because they were disappointed in their rooms. We took a peek in their unit and discovered it was much bigger, so Charlie agreed to let us move. This unit had a much nicer layout and was fine overall, however, the bathroom had a horrible urine stench. It was horribly dirty and the toilet seat was completely rotten. The water in the shower runs behind the walls and into the floor...floor felt like it was rotten and spongy. We also killed 10-20 flies daily and found some HUGE spiders. If none of these things bother you, than you will enjoy the stay. It is located next to the beautiful national park and it is a quiet street. The large unit had everything we needed in terms of a full-size refrigerator and kitchen.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brownclan7
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

My wife and I desperately needed a night together away from Dallas, we came across Sulphur Springs Inn, and decided to give it a chance. The price was right and it was just outside the National Recreation Area in Sulphur.

There are 2 options when you stay at Sulphur Springs Inn, you can stay in the main house (an old bathhouse) or there are cottages just outside the main building. We decided to stay in the main house because we liked the history. There are musical instruments to play and all kinds of neat antiques (an old record player, an old radio, etc).

Charlie, the Inn Keeper was awesome, he gave us a very good introduction to the area when we arrived and gave us plenty of ideas for activities. As mentioned, we were really excited to just relax, so after a short bike ride through the park (they let you use the bikes complementary), we just chilled out next to the fire pit with our books.

There isn't a whole lot of dining options in Sulphur, we did find an Italian Restaurant that was good and very well priced, can't remember the name of though, ask Charlie.

The rooms in the main house are very interesting, they have a sink and toilet in each room, the showers however are shared. This really wasn't so bad and I would not discourage anyone to stay here just because the showers are shared. They were very clean and it was a slow weekend, so we had no issues.

Breakfast was wonderful. Charlie made us scrambled eggs and potatoes, pancakes and sausage. Great coffee and OJ too.

Our stay was short, only one night, but we had a blast and it was just what we needed.

Thanks a lot Sulphur Springs Inn, we will be back!

Dan & Ali

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DallasWorldTraveler1
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

Sulphur was part of a spur-of-the-moment, largely unplanned road trip through Oklahoma and Texas, following Bob Dylan on tour. I wouldn't have passed through Sulphur, but for the decent reviews on tripadvisor and the fact that it marked a convenient stopping point between two Dylan concerts. In my case, Sulphur Springs Inn met or exceed my expectations -- I was utterly charmed by my stay.

There is wireless, but you have to ask Charlie for the password. This would be a good time to mention: Charlie, the host, is wonderful. I didn't have a plan or any ideas for activities, but Charlie helped me put together a route to my next Bob Dylan concert, and things to do and places to eat along the way. (Ask for directions to the fried pies.)

My room was large and clean. I stayed in the main house, not a cottage, so the room had a sink and toilet but I used the shared showers. Everything was clean. The showers were old, and a little dim, but also clean... I didn't feel the need to wear flip-flops to shower. Also, when I visited, there was a hair dryer in the shower room, which in my experience, isn't a consistent amenity provided at bread and breakfasts.

Another nice thing about Sulphur Springs Inn was, the house is filled with musical instruments. Charlie has everything but a drum kit, including an accordion and an upright bass. Nobody felt moved to song the night I visited (although I arrived late), but it's nice to know we could have. As I mentioned, I arrived late -- after dark -- so I can't really speak to the rest of the property, but I was very comfortable with the main house and common areas, and the litter of kittens living under the front stoop. (Drive slowly in the driveway.)

Lastly, I felt safe as a single woman traveling by myself. The road to Sulphur Springs Inn is pretty dark, and the street unlit. (Also, google street view doesn't give you a clear view of the house, so it's hard to know what you're looking for if you're arriving after dark.) However, the neighborhood is very residential right up until the edge of the park, my room had a lock (although no deadbolt), and absolutely nothing about my visit made me feel uncomfortable or worried about my safety.

If I ever passed through Sulpur again (I won't, unless Bob Dylan does), this is where I would stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SingleOccupancyRoom
Midwest City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

We arrived at the Sulphur Springs Inn with high anticipation for the things that were offered in the online information. However, when we arrived the place was not well groomed and so the first impression was not the best. But always willing to give a second chance we went inside where we were met by a the very pleasant congenial Charlie. He told us about the area and we visited the Chickasaw Indian museum, which had just opened the week before. Our room was pleasant, bed was comfortable but the promise of WIFI did not exist, so using our computer was not possible. We had bought our bathing suits but the indoor baths were not working. And the music on the patio on Saturday night was literally impossible because the patio was in a shambles. However, we did bike ride, which we haven't done in twenty years! And it was pleasant being away from phone and TV, and enjoyed a game of 'sheep'dominos!! The breakfast was superb, Charlie can beat any chef for breakfast!! Thank you for a pleasant but a bit disappointing visit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lois1951
Norman, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

Imagine getting a group of girlfriends together for an overnight. Travel south from the OKC metro area to Sulphur and find the Sulphur Springs Inn waiting for you. Charlie, the innkeeper, welcomes you with a fire on the patio and he doesn't care if you need to keep rearranging the fuel. The place is warm, inviting and filled with history. The park is right outside the front door with paths to walk and hills to climb. It is perfect for a night or a weekend!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank okscoutr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Echo Canyon Spa Resort
Echo Canyon Spa Resort
#1 of 3 in Sulphur
Shiloh Morning Inn
Shiloh Morning Inn
#1 of 1 in Ardmore

Been to Sulphur Springs Inn? Share your experiences!