“Great place to rest your head for the night.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willcox
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Willcox
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Great place to rest your head for the night.”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We spent one night here before heading to the Chiricahua's for some hiking. Check in was friendly, fast and efficient. We found the room to be very clean. Bed very comfortable. In the morning we were pleasantly surprised that the included breakfast had so many choices and the breakfast hostess was so friendly.

Room Tip: We always like to have a room on the top floors so no one is walking on our heads :)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 January 2012

All I can say is THANK YOU!!!!! Xenia, Susan, Sarah, Terry, Elva, Jan and everyone else who made my time in Willcox so very pleasant.

Caveat - I was a meeting room guest for 3 days and I will be staying there next month as well as using the meeting room again. I cannot stress how clean, friendly, helpful and awesome everyone was!!!!!

Sadly, Wings over Willcox (I think this is what the event was called) so everything was booked - I cannot sleep in a smoking room due to allergies, so I ended up staying someplace else. However, before I left I made sure to make my reservation for February.

I never look forward to leaving home but I am happy to know that his is where I will be staying and working while I spend time in Willcox, AZ.

I asked if Susan and Terry would be willing to take a photo with me so I could sing their praises on Trip Advisor. They were happy to oblige me. Again, stay here because it is clean, friendly, comfortable and a good value.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruben R
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I checked in here after leaving the Quality Inn down the road. I had to stay in a smoking room because that was all that they had left (on New Years Eve). The smoke smell wasn't too bad unless I turned on the A/C. My room was quiet, clean, spacious and comfy. The bed was fabulous. Breakfast was your typical HIE breakfast, offering both hot and cold options so there was something for everyone. This hotel is right off of the interstate and has easy on and off options. Plenty of nearby food, mostly fast food.
My only complaint is that when I checked in, the young gal-who was very nice-promised she would find my Priority Club number for me and add it to my reservation. She did not and now I'm having problems getting credit for my stay. If I'm ever in the area again, though, I will stay here (and have my Priority club number with me).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank smokymtndeb
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This review comes after staying at this hotel property several times in the past couple of years. The staff have always been very nice and this hotel is a gem among the HIE properties. Always clean and neat and friendly! Willcox is a great stop on the drive from Tx to Ca. While not a big city, its a nice town and the grocery store has Starbucks!

• Stayed December 2011
Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed here on our way to AZ before Christmas. Front desk staff were wonderful and the pet room was OK. No refrigerator or microwave. Did not smell of pets. Heater turned off and on all night and a food (Sysco) truck generator cycled off and on all night. The driver stays here two nights a week after deliveries, Monday and Thurs. A truck stop is just across the road and he could have parked there, but liked to have the truck close for safety. Ear plugs are good for staying here if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Tucson,AZ
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Located right of the Interstate this is the Newest Hotel in Willcox,AZ
Rooms are Nice and spacious and very clean. bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a good nights sleep.
Complementary Internet service worked perfectly in the Room.
Outdoor Pool and Spa were dirty due to a very windy day in the area that was blowing Dust around like crazy.
The Complementary Breakfast they serve was slightly above average. They had powder eggs and sausage the morning I was their. I was told the Hot portion of the breakfast changes daily.
The selfserve pancake machine was out of service but the staff was making pancakes in the back and bringing them out.
This hotel is a good place to spend the night if your in town or just passing thru the Area.
The rates however are on the High side here and I normally stay at the much older Quality Inn in town.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Do not eat the breakfast!!!!! The hotel was very clean, which I honestly didn't expect from A)being right off the highway B)being in such a rural area, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

**** You will never want to get out of the shower. Hands down, best shower I've ever been in and I use to travel for a living and stay in 5 star hotels where the showers bordered horrible. I took a picture of the shower head and am taking it to Lowes to get the same one.

The staff was very nice, other than the girl who distroyed the food. The food!!!!! The eggs tasted like and had the consistancy of powdered eggs. If they were fresh, I'm not sure how she made them beady. The bacon was paper thin, you could read a book through it, plus it was really greasy. The muffins were stale and the cinnamon roll gave my daughter stomach cramps.

Room Tip: Do not eat at the restaurant at the truck stop either. Slow service and horrible food
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family