“very nice”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Willcox
Abilene, Texas
“very nice”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As always the Holiday Inn Express never disappoints. We always have great customer service and most of these are pet friendly. The service is always exceptional and this one is no different. If your passing through I recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brenda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willcox, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi Kimberly D.
Thank you selecting us for your accommodations as you were traveling through Willcox. It is refreshing knowing that you trust Holiday Inns Express to provide consistent quality and services while traveling. Our guests feedback is important to us in making certain we do not let you down.
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and hope to see you again should you come back through Willcox.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we stay here every year for Rex Allen Days in oct... its pricey at times but worth it.. Everything is clean.. breakfast is HOT and its good... better than walking across street to TA truck stop.. its off the freeway so it not noisy and the pool is clean (we didn't swim too cold)... all in all very nice place..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Brenda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willcox, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hi dwm28; We are pleased you stay with us during the Rex Allen Days Festival. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Our guests' feedback is important. I hope you are planning on attending the event again this year as we are expecting a lot of fun and exciting things to do. Hope to see you then.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There's very little in Willcox, however this motel is quite adequate for an overnight stay.
Located next door to a truck stop/gas station, the motel is surprisingly quiet.
Nothing overly special about this motel, however the bed was big and comfortable and the room had plenty of space for all our luggage.
Good sized TV, clean bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities, good air con/heating.
There is a clean heated swimming pool outside with a good seating area. My husband used the pool and said it was really good.
Choice for food is fairly limited, with the option of a few eateries at the truck stop (we ordered pizza from the local Pizza Hut and had it delivered to our room door).
Only disappointment was no bar fridge, which would have been handy.
Overall, a clean, comfortable hotel with a good complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank millisynth
Brenda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willcox, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi millisynth; Thank you for staying with us while in Willcox. I am glad you found the accommodations to your satisfaction and the pool refreshing. Guest feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking to time to write this review. The item most often suggested is the microwave and refrigerator in all rooms. We hope to have this accomplished in the near future. You traveled a long way and I trust you have seen and done much while on this adventure. Should you travel back through Willcox, I hope we will be your choice of hotel. Stay safe.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

As stated by some Willcox has a limited supply of decent hotels, this is the best option. We found the service and room to very good. The room was also nice and quiet, the hotel is back from the highway, overpass, and truck stop. The included breakfast was one of the better we've had at this level of hotel. I really like the pancake maker they had, push a button and 2 minutes later 2 pop out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Good Morning Siteseer1; Thank you for staying with us while in Willcox. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience. You are a member of a large audience of people that like the pancake maker. It has been a big hit with children and adults. The pancakes taste good, too. Thank you for the kind remarks about your service and your room. Your feedback is important to us. It is our desire to be your first choice when visiting our area and we want to know if something was not right, so we can correct it. Siteseer1, it sounds as though you enjoy traveling and I hope Holiday Inn Express will be your choice wherever you may go. Be Safe.
Paris - France
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We staid there one night, between Alamogordo and our next stop in Tombstone.
This Holiday Inn is conveniently located just by the Interstate. There is not many things to be done in Willcox but it was convenient for us to stop here.
The room was spacious enough, the bed was comfortable as well.
The only thing that could be better is to add a fridge in all rooms. The value here for the price paid is less than cheaper motels like the Super 8 we went the day before because of the missing fridge.
We were disappointed by that fact, it is very rare that we do not find a fridge in a hotel room in the US, in our experiences past.
The breakfast was nice enough, no complaints here.
To sum-it up, it was a nice stay, but for the price paid I would add the fridges in all rooms, it would be more convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi globtrekkiegirl; Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback of your stay with us. We appreciate the time spent and comments written. We do hope to have microwaves and refrigerators in all our rooms in the very near future. I trust you enjoyed your time in Tombstone as there is a lot of history there. If you get back through this area, we actually have a lot of history in Willcox and a growing wine industry. We do hope you will visit with us again and make us your choice for accommodations.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The wife and I headed down to Willcox to try and visit some of the local Arizona wineries around the town and stay the night. Right away if you are going to or through Willcox, Arizona your choices are going to be limited. Looking around, this is likely your best choice in town. That being said, as someone who goes to a lot of smaller towns for business I've stayed in plenty of Holiday Inn Expresses and have to write this review based on what I've come to expect from the brand.

When comparing this to others of the brand, I was pretty disappointing. Service was alright and check-in was smooth, except for the fact when I asked if they had any King rooms instead of Dual Queens, I was completely ignored. When we got to the room, I wasn't too impressed either. Both beds were horribly uncomfortable, woke up with one of the worst back aches I've ever had, and one of them squeaked constantly. The shower head was so caked with gunk from the hard water, most of the variable heads settings just didn't work. The bathroom also featured about the cheapest toilet paper I've ever had to use in my life. Television service, while admittedly limited to whatever the local cable provider could offer, did not feature HD channels. No microwave or mini-fridge, which I normally have even in non-suite rooms in other hotels.

Overall, everything about this hotel felt cheap. While it is still better the most else that is in Willcox, I don't feel it lives up to the rest of the Holiday Inn Express brand. If you have to stay in Willcox, you can clearly do worse, if you are heading down I-10 and need someone to sleep, push on to Tucson if you can.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Andrew B; Thank you for staying with us while in the Willcox area. I am sorry you did not have a comfortable night's sleep and had issues with your showerhead. These items will be addressed with the appropriate departments. Your comments are important to us and we utilize our guests' feedback for prioritizing product enhancements or replacements, as well as added features, such as Microwaves and Refrigerators in all rooms. We hope to have them sometime in the near future. Unfortunately, there are no HD channels available in this area, though we have requested our cable company to consider an upgrade to their product availability. Willcox is a unique little town with a lot of history and a growing wine industry. I do hope you will return to the area and allow us the opportunity to accommodate you.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I made reservations for a king bed with a kitchenette in the room. Upon arrival I was told I had two queen beds instead. Upon going into the room I discovered that a small microwave, small fridge and a sink that was about 8 inches x 12 inches. There was not stove like I wad told. I was also told that there would be dishes and silverware. What I found was two paper plates and two plastic forks. For the price I paid for the upgrade room with a kitchenette I feel I was cheated. I tried talking to the clerk but she did not seam to care

Room Tip: Don't pay for the upgrade you will sorry
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank M L
Brenda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willcox, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Hi Mitch L; I am so sorry for the confusion regarding the room you were checked into. We do not have any kitchenettes at this facility. We do have the suites with a refrigerator and microwave but we have no rooms with a stove. We did at one time put china and silverware in the rooms however for safety, we changed out to the disposable products. We do have a microwavable bowl with lid in each suite. I pulled your reservation and while it did show you requested a king bed on the first floor, we only had suites with 2 queens available on the first floor. I know these explanations do not lessen your frustration with not getting what you had hoped for, and I will make it a point to advise the clerks to be more specific about what our rooms are furnished with. I do thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It is important to us to know how our guests felt about the product and services we provide. I regret we did not have exactly what your were looking for but hope you would be willing to stay with us again when in the Willcox area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willcox
Arizona Sunset Inn
#4 of 8 in Willcox
Triangle T Guest Ranch
Triangle T Guest Ranch
#1 of 1 in Dragoon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willcox? Share your experiences!