“Couldn't beat price!”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Willcox
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Couldn't beat price!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

When looking for a place to travel to, I saw the price of two nights here was about equal to one at many other hotels, so I ended up in Willcox! Check in and check out were easy, and it is easy to reach here from highway. Some restaurants, gas stations within walking distance, and sites are a short drive away.

Room was pretty cold with few blankets, which made sleep a little difficult, but other things worked well, including TV and bathroom. Wasn't bothered by any noise from outside. Would def stay here again for the price I paid!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 December 2013

guy told us there were only single beds available but he still charged us for two people. My dad and I had to share a bed. There were no towels or anything in the bathrooms. I went for a walk in the middle of the night and noticed SEVERAL empty rooms with two beds empty (the windows were open).
Room smelled bad, carpet was so disgusting we put on our shoes before getting off the bed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Willcox, Arizona
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had been staying in Motel 6's on our way from Canada going to Texas. They were plain rooms, but clean. The first room we were given here, had not been cleaned, and was past "dirty"
The counters were dirty, there was duct tape on the floor to hold the tile down, the smoke detector and the fan were removed with just the wiring hanging out, and there was no towels etc.
We complained and were given another room. It was at least partially clean. The floor was still slightly dirty. The light beside the bed had a broken switch so you could not turn the light on. If I owned this hotel, I would be ashamed. Motel 6 s/b able to do better than this. PS the ice machine is still broken !!!

Room Tip: Do not stop here. Pay a little more. Maybe if people stopped coming here, they might fix it
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Pat L,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Palm Bay
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a review for Motel 6 Willcox, AZ 6/17/2012

The room was clean and the AC worked. However, the property was experiencing problems with some of the door locks, as acknowledged by the manager. With regard to my specific room(s), the first key issued (magnetic card) did not work, so I returned it. The manager reprogrammed it and accompanied me to try it, and this second key didn't work either. The paperwork was then modified and another room assigned.

Then, at 1:30 am, another key problem occurred. While I was soundly sleeping, some people tried to come in to my room because the motel staff wrongfully provided my key to them. The inside slide lock was secure, but the door opened a couple of inches and they kept trying to open it, generating a lot of metal-on-metal clashing in the process of slamming the door against the lock. I got out of bed and pushed the door shut. The intruders apologized. They did also, however, appear to be under the influence of substances.

The security is very inadequate, to say the least, and the manager acknowledged lock issues.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

got in room 1all wash cloth and no a/c. Had to leave window open and didn't have a screen. Which is not safe. People up all night knocking on doors and walking down on sidewalk. We had no sleep. Our truck dash light came on @8:00 at night so we had no choice but to stay. Got up the next morning and went next door to Dicks Auto Repair and they got us back on the road.Awesome guys. We will try Super 8
across freeway next time. Oh no exhaust fan either! !

• Stayed March 2013
Yorkshire
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This motel is absolutely filthy!
The lino floor in our room looked like it had never been mopped, the shower tray was so thick with grey scum it was rough to step onto and the bedspread stunk of wet dogs!
The fan was clogged up with dust and would only blow red hot air out, no matter what setting you put it on, so we were roasting hot all night.
The only good thing about this place is that you get a nice free cup of coffee on a morning and then you can get out of there!
For just a few dollars more you can stay at the lovely Super 8, just across the road from here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Temecula, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My wife and I were driving from Temecula, CA to Las Cruces, NM the other day and got a late start so we decided to stop to get a couple hours of sleep. We made the reservation on line as we were driving so it was site unseen. I've stayed at Motel 6's before and it generally a get what you pay for type of place and this one was definitely no different. We pulled up about midnight on Friday and the place was dead. I'm not surprised by that at all but it also just didn't look very inviting either. We went inside to check in and the guy who helped us was at least kinda friendly and gave us our room keys and sent us on our way. We were placed in the back of the motel on the 2nd floor and it seemed like this was around where the other guests were also placed. We went in and noticed how bare and stark the room was. We also noticed that the bed spread was filthy so we took that off right away to reveal the jokes that they called pillows. The bed itself I thought was OK but I don't mind, actually I kind of prefer a hard bed but my wife hated it. The other thing that was noticed was that there was no blanket on the bed or or anywhere else in the room. We didn't mind though but came to regret that later. The air was on and it was very comfortable in the room when we got there but 3 hours later it was freezing. I got up to turn down the thermostat and it didn't do anything. I turned down the fan and that didn't do anything either. The choices were basicly on or off. I turned it off but the room got stuffy really quick so I turned it back on and it froze us again. It was very late (or early) and we were going to het a jump on the road early so we sufferd the next hour or so with just the top sheet. The bedspread was dirty so that wasn't even an option.
In the morning when we checked out I told the front desk person that it was freezing in the room and he said that he was going to put the blankets back in the room starting today. I have stayed and tons of hotels all across the country at different times of the year and never was given a room without a blanket.
The other notable downside to this hotel was the shower. It was straight out of a trailer. Weird setup that didn't really work for me and to top it off there wasn't even a little bottle or packet of shampoo! I would say stay here at your own risk if you are just looking for a quick couple of hours sleep and nothing more. I wouldn't consider or reccomend it for anything other then that. The rate was great at under $40 but like I said before, you get what you pay for. My names Mike and I'll turn off the light now.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before commiting.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple