“Newly renovated full service”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Newly renovated full service”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This is Courtyard is everything you expect from Marriott. Friendly, attentive staff. Well maintained rooms and lobby. Location is centrally located to Yorktown, Jamestown and Williamsburg. Close to several restaurants and shopping center.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The customer service was wonderful from the front desk. The room was marvelous and very clean. The room was very convient on the first floor. I would definitely advertise and visit again.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

Bueatiful, clean and spacious new room had no reservation but wasn't a problem friendly and accomodating staff they serve drinks in the lobby and food a little pricey though restaurants within walking distance will return when we are in the area again

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DerekandLori
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I've been Platinum on Marriott for YEARS! I stayed at 165 Marriott properties last year alone! Yes, I have my favorites! I love Zurich dowtown and Marriott Heidelberg, Iliani in Hawaii, Marriott at Lake Union in Seattle and many others and I stay at alot of propertis here in Europe! This property has - By Far the BEST Customer Service EVER! I was told they pride themselves on Customer Service - and they do! They were the only Marriott property that would provide to/from trans to the Airport on Memorial Day Weekend. I was greetd by a great lady and the happiness never stopped! Everyone from the maid to the Manager is very nice and helpful! The property just went thru a 2 Million dollar renovation and is in a Great location. Located in the suburbs of Yorktown on a Golf Course! Plenty of food choices across the street and great jogging and walking trails!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank GCheek
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I called after midnight hoping to be able to get a room, after an exhausting drive from the north. Got an excellent rate for a 2 night stay. The location could not have been better, whatever I needed was nearby. The staff was wonderfully accommodating and very friendly. The hotel is undergoing renovations but did not interfere in any way with my rest.
Highly recommend this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Harleyuki
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We had a great stay. Everyone working at the hotel made sure that all our needs were taken care of. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. Even though the hotel was undergoing reconstruction, our stay was very pleasant. The pool was not available, but the staff said that they would furnish us transportation to another location if we wanted to swim. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I arrived relatively late for me - about 8pm. Someone else had booked the room, but I have used Courtyards in the past with no trouble.

The elevator was sort of in service -- some trouble apparently. The front desk was pleasant. The rooms (and I changed once) stunk of fresh paint. Even with the fan on high, I could not lower the smell.

I requested another room and it too was freshly painted and stunk slightly less.

I would have gone to another hotel, but I was exhausted from a long day and simply took several aspirin and fell asleep.

My advise to Marriott -- when you paint your hotel rooms, air them out before you let guests in. I appreciate your efforts to continue your revenue stream, but I am not going to stay at this place again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank R M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 38 in Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!