“Good stay”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Overall, I enjoyed staying at this Courtyard. The location can't be beat. Easy distance to most locations in the area for work and pleasure, and has some great restaurants and shopping very close to the property. The front-desk staff were wonderful and I enjoyed the Monday Night Football activities when I arrived. The rooms are small, as are all Courtyards, but I've come to expect that and I am fine with it since I was by myself on business. The beds are comfortable and the amenities are many. However, I did not have a good internet experience. The WIFI signal was weak, and it was constantly dropping me and making we reconnect again. Even when connected it was very slow and sporadic. For me, this is very important when choosing hotels to travel for business, because I need the internet to work in the evenings when I come back to my room. Perhaps it was just the location of my room, because I see other reviewers did not have similar problems. Hopefully, for this Courtyard, it was just a glitch and I am sure it will be better going forward. Again though, overall good Courtyard, enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Hello Launcher69,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown! I'm glad that your room was comfortable and met your expectations as we value your business.

I would like to apologize for the inconveinence you experienced with the WiFi while you where here, I understand how frustrating it could be to have a slow internet connection while trying to get some work accomplished. I do want to thank you for the feedback as well as your patience regarding this issue.

We understand the importance of being in a central location that is conveinent to work as well as places of interest & pleasure while you are away from home and having Courtyard Yorktown close to restaurants and shopping gives our guests the opportunity to enjoy the surrounding area.

Courtyard is a proud sponsor of the NFL and I'm glad you enjoyed the Monday Night Football activities we provide to our guests. It's our pleasure to be able to provide excellent service and activities for our guests.

I'd like to personally welcome you back to stay with us the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area on business or for pleasure.

Thank you again for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Newport News Yorktown

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel staff was some of the best I have ever encountered at a hotel for the price. The military rate of $77 was a phenomenal rate for the comfort we experienced. Very clean and comfortable beds. The enthusiasm for football was great and made us feel at home. Our family was in town for a funeral and stayed 3 days. We have 3 kids and the front desk had a cot brought up for us d/t our error in only booking for 4. Thank you Courtyard!

For those looking for free continental/hot breakfast, this is not the place. Coffee is only complimentary in the room, not the lobby. Bistro is pricy, however there are alternatives within walking distance. For our family, this was just a surprise! All hotels we have stayed in for this price range always offered some sort of breakfast.

I would stay here again, but if Hilton Garden Inn across the street has free breakfast for same room price, we will be trying it next time. With 3 kids, breakfast is an important item to consider when booking a trip,

Internet was the only other issue we encountered....very slow, only 1 bar the entire 3 days we were here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Good day Cdirby34,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown. I'd like to extend our deepest condolences for your loss. I am glad to hear that my staff was able to accommodate the family with bringing you a cot and that you had a comfortable stay.

I understand the importance of offering breakfast to our guests who have children and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your family as we value your business.

I also wanted to apologize that the internet was working slowly for you during your stay, as this is not something that normally occurs and I fully understand how this could be frustrating when utilizing the internet.

I do welcome your family back to stay with us whenever you find yourself in the Yorktown area as it would our pleasure to have you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel was a great stay. Freshly remodeled with Starbucks serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Restaurant was clean and the food was plentiful as well as good. Service was super fast. The Gym is terrific and the pool cooled us off on the summer day we were there. Parking is a breeze. Room was remodeled and clean.

Room Tip: I have stayed here sever times and have had a good room each time. Some of them have a small balcony...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Good day Allwest1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown while you were in the Hampton Roads area.

We value your business and I am glad to hear that once again the staff made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. I am happy to also hear that your experience with our Bistro was just as great and the service you received was "super fast".

Thank you again for choosing to stay with at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown and we welcome you again the next time you are in the Yorktown area.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very nice hotel. Stayed Labor Day weekend. Excellent location to 2 of my favorite restaurants - Ruby Tuesday & Texas Roadhouse. Both in the parking lot can walk to. Front desk staff very courteous especially at check-in. Gave me a virtual tour of the hotel. Definitely made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Good Day Leroy D,

Thank you for such a great review and I will be sure to share it with the entire staff!

We strive to make each guest that walks through our doors feel that "at home" welcome feeling and I am glad to hear that you felt it from the moment you checked in.

Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, is conveniently located where many guests can enjoy some of their favorite restaurants and I'm glad to hear that two of yours were within walking distance.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your holiday stay and we look forward to you returning the next time you are in the Yorktown area.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed for two nights at this hotel while in the Williamsburg and Yorktown area. The hotel is located in a nice suburban area with good restaurants very close to the property. If you like Mexican, try the restaurant in the shopping center across the street from the hotel. We had a King suite that was very clean and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and very responsive to the only small problem that we encountered during our stay. The breakfast was not free and we did not eat at the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Good day Billatlake!

Thank you for choosing to the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay!

I am glad to know that your stay was a pleasant one and that my Front Desk staff was not only friendly, helpful and responsive to the small issue. It's our continued goal to ensure that all your needs are met with excellence and in a timely manner.

We look forward to you coming back to visit with us the next you are in the Yorktown area.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have to say we really enjoyed out stay at the Courtyard. The front desk staff was very helpful,delightful and engaging.I would def stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.The suite we had was the best suite in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Good day Woube G,

Thank you for such a great review & for staying with us here at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown!

I am glad to hear that you would recommend our property to others and that you would definitely be returning the next time you are in the Yorktown area. It will be our pleasure to see you again!

I am especially proud to hear that the staff made your stay a pleasurable one and that your suite met and exceeding your expectations.

Again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

A nice hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. The free wi-fi is nice, though it seemed to not be working all the time. Bed was comfortable and everything was clean. I think Courtyard are good comfortable hotels and this one certainly confirmed that impression. I would stay there again when visiting Newport News.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Natsfan24
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Good day Natsfan24,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay, I will be sure to share your review with the entire staff. It's always great to hear that our guests find our property to meet and exceed their expectations. We want to always ensure that every guest is comfortable and their stay is a pleasant one.

I do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during the time the Wi-Fi seemed to be having connectivity issues; I understand how frustrating that can be.

I personally would like to welcome you back to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown the next time you are visiting in the Newport News/Yorktown area.

Tracey Spencer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 39 in Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!