“Good family trip”

Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We chose this hotel because we wanted one near Williamsburg that allowed pets and had an indoor pool and hot tub. This was the one that met those requirements, and so even though it was 20 minutes from Williamsburg, where we'd spend most of our time, we booked it. Definitely not sorry! Having a two-room suite is definitely nice, especially with children of different ages and bedtimes. We didn't have to all be quiet when the little one went to bed. The kitchen was great and had everything we'd need, the beds were comfy, and the shower nice. It would have been nice to have a door to the bathroom in the living area as well, but that wasn't really a problem. They had a nice area outside to take the dog out.

The pool was wonderful! It wasn't anything special, until you got in and realized how warm it was. Seriously, quite possibly the warmest swimming pool I've been in. It was so nice to be able to play around with the kids in there instead of freezing. The hot tub was great for the first couple nights we were there, but then wasn't working for the last night. It was great while we were able to use it though.

Breakfast was good. The eggs weren't the best, but they had an assortment of toppings for them, which was great. Waffles, breads, muffins, a meat, fruit, nothing outside the norm for a hotel like this. It was a nice area to sit in with a huge window overlooking the pond outside.

All of the employees we encountered were friendly. The hotel was very close to a movie theater and some restaurants, and just a short drive from a mall. A nice place for a long or short stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iowakrb
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown

Reviewed 9 February 2014

did not empty trash. Couch cushions were VERY worn down. I got yelled at by breakfast attendant for not knowing the waffle maker was broken. Appears that family of people that run the hotel hang out there. Printer did not work is Business Center. Sheets smelled

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hutch2014
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and personable. The room was clean, fresh smelling, and very quiet all night. Everything worked, the thermostat, hot shower, hot tub, and the breakfast was a nice layout of choices. We will definitely stay here again with our dogs. The pet walking area was grass, clean, and offered pickup bags.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Evening front desk clerk is excellent. When we arrived he was there with a smile and a Happy Thanksgiving. He gave us all the information we need for internet access and the times for breakfast. The room was warm and very clean. The beds were very comfortable too. One of the best nights sleep we have had at a hotel. We will stay there again nest time we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is my first experience w/ this facility and brand. I arrived late on a Sunday night after 11+ hours of traveling. Upon checking in the night clerk politely informed me my room res. was cancelled earlier and rescheduled for arrival a week later. I was at a total loss and it was certainly too late to research it. The home office of the com. employing me as a independent benefit counselor would not be open for business till the following morning. I was booked a room for the night , I called my case mgr. to advise her of this foul up,etc. The next day the problem was solved. George, the night clerk was very helpful, courteous and understanding, My stay was fairly long so I got to know most of the staff who were all polite and helpful. Room was clean, towels plentiful as was the water supply and when I asked for extra anything, I was given same w/o a problem or negative attitude. The complimentary breakfast is better than most and the evening snack is adequate. I was not in the room much except for sleep but the TV channel selection was very good. All in all, a very good business stay experience which began on a negative note but ended on a positive note !

Room Tip: ask for suite overlooking small pond
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob R
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay in. 4th time here to race at Hampton BMX. Staff were excellent. Check-in and out was smooth. They had a few new faces since the summer. Everyone was friendly and efficient. Was nice to receive a bottle of water and a snack upon arrival at the front desk.

Stayed in a Queen Bed room. Love the full sized refrigerator. Always nice to have a full kitchen. Couch was nice. End tables on both sides of the bed. Flat screen tv swiveled so could watch it from the bed. Loved the cable channels. Discovered a new show, Ink Master, while staying here. Nice lamps by the bed. Enough light throughout. Nice fluorescent above the large bathroom mirror. Liked the tall full length mirror on the wall too. Plenty of counter space and plugs. Also pet friendly.

Unos is just down the street. Love staying here. Breakfast went until 10:30 a.m. on the weekend, which was good. And a 12 p.m. check-out. I highly recommend staying here. They are also pet friendly. As I said, I love this place!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 424, single queen bed. On the entrance side facing the parking lot. About 1/2 way d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank oquick1
Reviewed 7 October 2013

For the reasonable price tag, I could not have possibly asked for more. Staybridge is a great mid-range chain, and while there were definitely some upgrades I would have expected had I paid more, I was positively shocked at how nice it was for under $90 (Studio Room). The rooms look just as they are advertised, are well-appointed, and are completely clean. Guests are given multiple choices for everything from breakfast, to cleaning schedule, to pillows! (Seriously, there's a pillow menu. Amazing!) The room was simple, but upscale, the staff were all friendly, and the location worked well for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 39 in Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Been to Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown? Share your experiences!