“A dreamy experience you will never forget - just perfect!”
Review of Hornsby House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yorktown
Hornsby House Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Yorktown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I called at the last moment to reserve a room for my visiting parents. Even though it was quite late Dave answered and took his time explaining what he had available. A reservation was made and my parents were pleasantly surprised at how perfect the entire experience was. Truth be told - my mother is very picky but she just fell in love with the Hornsby House Inn.

One additional feature that my parents enjoyed was the fact that each room had their own individual temperature control on the wall controlling a state of the art unit that allowed them to adjust the room to the exact temperature they desired. If you are looking for a bed and breakfast in the Yorktown area I can't think of a better one to stay at. The house if filled with a rich history and all sorts of interesting relics.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Hornsby House this June for our home-base for our honeymoon vacation to Williamsburg, Jamestown, and (of course) Yorktown. We had a spectacular, beautiful room with delicious breakfast each morning and a relaxing wine hour each afternoon. Unlike other B&Bs visited in the past, the owners genuinely give you the feeling of being at home--their home, as you visit. The house is in a very quiet location, but the owners (Dave and Phill) make sure to keep things upbeat. Absolutely would stay again.

Room Tip: Riverview room was spacious enough for four days, but the owners recommended we take the king suite...
1  Thank Adrienne S
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Wow! Whether booking a stay for a group or a couple, The Hornsby House Inn is the perfect place- location, ambiance, comfort, hospitality, size and value. This 6-bedroom inn, located on Main Street in the heart of Yorktown, has recently been renovated and restored by two of the grandsons of the home's builder and owner. These two brothers now proudly serve as the innkeepers and are totally dedicated to your enjoyment of their family home. Each day begins with a full breakfast served in the formal dining room and ends with a relaxed wine and cheese party on one of the terraces overlooking the historic York River. The hosts prepare the breakfast using family recipes and, with advance notice, will do their best to accommodate special dietary needs. In my case, a delicious homemade gluten-free casserole was added to the breakfast offerings. Since the hosts grew up in Yorktown, they all well versed in the history and the local attractions and will willingly make recommendations and reservations (many with local discounts). The Hornsby House Inn makes other famous hotels and inns of the historic triangle seem lacking in warmth, charm and hospitality. Make your plans now for a weekend, a wedding or a reunion. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Every room is beautifully appointed with family furnishings and divinely comfortable beds. There are...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RecipeLady
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I ended up in Yorktown for the day, and had originally planned on staying in a hotel in downtown Williamsburg for two nights since we were in town for a nephew's graduation, but liked this adorable town so much we tried to find a place to stay there. All of the B&B's (I think there are four of them) were booked, but David had one room cancellation. We went over, looked at the room, and immediately booked it at about 4:00p.m. The house is beautiful, built by David's grandfather in the early 1900's. All of the rooms have A/C, and I don't think there is a bad room in the place. David made sure we knew about the wine and cheese available at 5:30p.m., so we joined the other guests staying at the inn (I believe it has six bedrooms, all beautiful!) on the porch for wine and wonderful cheeses and meats while looking over the water in the distance and the beautiful, huge revolutionary war monument across the street.

The next morning we had rented bikes at the Patriot Tours and Provisions to tool around the battlefields (there is an 8.5 mile loop that takes you to all of the revolutionary war sites in Yorktown). Patriot is wonderful-we wanted to get out early before breakfast around 6:30a.m. and get our ride in, so they gave us our helmets, maps, and the key to the lock where the bikes were since they did not open until 10:00a.m. We picked up our touring bikes (the baskets in front were handy for our jackets and the camera) and had a great ride (including visiting the farmer's market which is right across from the water), after which we went back to the inn where David had a yummy breakfast set out for us on a beautifully set table. I can't say enough nice things about David and his brothers Phil and Bill. They were so friendly and helpful, and just knocked themselves out trying to please all of us and give us information about the area, the restaurants, the history, and the people. We will DEFINITELY stay there when we go back to Virginia! -Sean and Suzanne from Oregon

2  Thank TheClamWhisperer
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Just finished a weekend stay attending a nearby wedding. The Hornsby Suite couldn't have been more comfortable and the proprietors are really fantastic people. I couldn't recommend this place more.

Room Tip: Loved the Hornsby Suite!
1  Thank Mmarisca29
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We were there for the Va home and garden tours. The Inn was wonderful. We enjoyed the home cooked breakfasts each morning and the wine & cheese afternoons. The rooms were pretty and comfortable. We enjoyed the hospitality of David, Phillip and Rene. It was a fabulous experience from start to finish!!! Will be back....Theresa Albany Ga

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I am not usually a "B&B Person" but we stayed here on a whim. We stayed in the River View Room. We loved the place. The owners are very friendly and welcoming in opening their home to us. The house has been in the family for a long time and you can see the history of family all around. At 5pm they have a get together with all the guests for wine and cheese on the front porch looking over the York River. It was very nice to get to meet the other guests and talk with the owners. Afterwards everyone went off to do their own thing. My wife and I stayed on the porch and chatted with one of the owners for a couple of hours. We had a great time. I don't eat breakfast since I really don't like eggs but the spread that they had in the morning was fabulous. I actually went back for seconds. My wife was shocked :-).

We only spent a night there but in retrospect should have stayed another. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the area. Williamsburg and Jamestown are only a few minutes away and the Yorktown battlefield is basically across the street. Also there is a nice little beach about 100 yds down the hill. All in all a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cbreedon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
11 mi away
Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection
Red Roof Inn Newport News - Yorktown

Been to Hornsby House Inn? Share your experiences!