Yorktown Motor Lodge
Crown Inn(Yorktown)
US$88
US$86
  • Free Internet
Fort Eustis Inn(Newport News)
US$63
US$148
US$68
US$137
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Very good value. Staff was very friendly and helpful! The room met my needs perfectly. Would stay there again.I am often traveling in the area and always stay there. Very close to colonial parkway and other tourist sites .

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank cragland3
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This motel is horrible. First, there was a Water Moccasin on the sidewalk in front of our door. The owner barely shrugged when we reported it. He must've been distracted by his children, who were swimming in the "pool" with no clothes on! Our key card never worked, and was never fixed. Worst of all, when we got home, we found we'd been double-charged. Six months later and they STILL refuse to refund the incorrect charge. This place borders on criminal, and we are turning the matter over to the authorities. Do yourself a favor: DO NOT stay at Yorktown Motor Lodge!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Onee L
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We travel a lot for business, so it's almost weekly that we are staying in hotels. The Yorktown Motor Lodge is, by far, the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The person making the reservations was hard to communicate with on the phone. The rooms were dirty, with stained towels and sheets. The towels were paper thin. In one of our rooms, it only had one working light fixture. There was no shampoo, and you have to pay for ice. Bags of trash sat in front of the rooms for three days. We wanted coffee at 7 a.m., but it was locked tight. We tried again at 8, and there was still nobody there. We will never, ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
My list of issues:
I booked a nonsmoking room and I got a smoking room. You could of fell over when you opened up the door to the room. We had to buy air fresheners, air freshener spray and Lysol.
You walk into the lobby and you could smell the mold already.
The rooms were beyond filthy.
I do not know how you guys can even pass inspections to be open has a motel and not put people’s lives at risk.
The blanket (not the comforter) was filthy. It has black stuff all over it. Like boot kiwi and peoples hair all over it. It was discussing.
The pillows have not been changed out in years. Spit stains all over them.
The king size bed, the bottom mattress wasn’t even in or on the frame right. The top mattress was not a king size and the mattress looked a million years old.
The bedding was nasty.
The first day we left for the day came back and all room service did was make the bed. Did not change the bed but just made it. Did not even take the cup that I drank half of my coffee from. It was still sitting on top the microwave. Did not replenish the coffee so I had to buy everything myself to have my own coffee and the gentleman was right in one of your many nasty reviews that your coffee is beyond tasting bad.
The towels have stains on them. Do not look clean.
The bathroom had a big old bug killed on one of the walls in the shower. The tub was beyond disgusting. You had to hurry up and take your shower because the tub would fill up.
So the next day before we left I made sure to strip the beds and put the bedding on the floor and all the towels.
Came back at the end of the day. Bed was made. Checked the sheets and there was blood stains on them.
The inside frame to our bathroom the bottom part of it looks like termites got after both sides of them.
No pets allowed unless people have disabilities. I seen more dogs there then in an animal shelter.
No alarm clock like the amenities states.
All the lamps were not plugged in. When we get them plugged in after thinking I could of electrocuted myself before the outlet and cord looked unsafe as hell either it did not work the bulb or it did not have a bulb in it.
Where were the vending machines?
The one room we had the TV remote the battery cover was missing and you could not hit a certain channel and you could only go up on channels and not down.
The other room we had you had to get up to shut the TV off.
The smoking room was missing the write up in the back of the door.
The chairs and floor and bed rests and walls and pictures were nasty and stained.
The a/c and heater was bet up. And the screen was all ate up and just laying on it.
I could go on and on and on. Just unbelievable filth.
Location next to a busy highway.
I may just look up the standards for VA and shut you guys down. Non safe.

Room Tip: Check out the star ratings and please read the reveiws before you choice a hotel. No tips for the hotel. The two rooms we were in where were beyond nasty.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank r11100268
Reviewed 12 November 2012

When we pulled up, we realized it was an old fashioned motel--park at the door of your room, nothing fancy. But we stayed in these types of places when I was a child, so i wasn't too worried. When we entered the lobby (that glorifies it more than it deserves) and saw that there was a solid plexiglass barrier to the ceiling between the guests and the clerk, I got nervous.

The room was barely OK, pretty roomy, but very basic. The heating system didn't work very well, and I spent most of our stay wearing my coat. The towels were paper thin and small. No shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. The toilet made a 30 second, really loud howling noise every tiome we flushed it--which the clerk said was how it was supposed to be. ??

Because I was cold, I asked for a packet of decaf coffee--the clerk sai8d he didn't have keys to the supply room, so we couldn't have that or a second packet of regular for the morning. The breakfast consisted of cold cereal (enough for maybe three bowls total), little sweet rolls wrapped in plastic, OJ. Ncoffee, no fruit.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple