“Nothing fancy, just a room for the night”

Yorktown Motor Lodge
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed 31 October 2013

In Yorktown on business, and needed a hotel close to a particular location. My regular hotel was full, and this was the closest alternative. Don't
expect much, so you won't be disappointed. This isn't my first choice in a Yorktown hotel, but I would stay here again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Yorktown Motor Lodge

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked two nights in this place last year. We only stayed one night because of the condition of the room. The smell was awful, the room felt damp, and it was filthy. Also, they advertised free wifi, but we couldn't connect. My husband went to the desk to ask about it, and was simply told, "it's not working". When we told them we couldn't stay for the second night due to the horrible conditions, we were not offered a refund nor an apology. I would not recommend this awful place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane W
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed for two nights. This place is considerably over priced when you factor in the following: DIRTY sheets (I don't want to know what stains are on the sheets), TERRIBLE customer service from the gentlemen working the front desk, the pool was never open and no attempt to open it was made, one towel for a three person room, etc.

If I were in India these conditions would be fine. I'm not.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The pictures on their website were obviously staged and taken when everything was in order, fresh and new. I think we had the same room "Not acceptable!!" had. Someone needs to tell the owner that a TV channel changer won't work until you reprogram it after you add batteries (duh). I'll add to their review: the sink had no stopper, the towel racks were gone and we had only one hand towel, one cloth and two bath towels for 2 adults. As stated in another review, the room smelled musty/moldy, the blankets AND sheets had cig burns and one light cord had no plug; it didn't need one, though, because there was nowhere to plug it in. The light on the other side of the bed plugged in right on top of the box springs under the mattress -- potential fire hazard?? Well. Someone needs to tell the owners that a motor lodge is not a flop house.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LVW059
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The staff was kind and friendly. My room was clean and I received very good service. The rates are very reasonable for the area the hotel is in. When I asked for something extra they went out of thier way to accomadate me.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kan618
Reviewed 13 April 2013

If you value your health you would not want to stay here. No lights worked, no appliances worked. Mold spores were everywhere. Horrible staff. A real dump and trust me when i say this the owners are criminals. They called a cab for me and the entire trip i was being harrassed by the cab driver. i am still being called by him and i have been gone for a month. i woke up one morning and found the owners cab driver friend peeking into my car windows. i asked what he was doing and he said seeing what kind of music you guys listen to.............. Very Scary experience and overall glad to be home. This place ruined my vacation all i wanted to do was leave so we did.

Room Tip: dont pick this one
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Honesttraveler2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Thank god we only stayed two days! Room was in horrible condition. Light cords were frayed and even one of the wall lights plug was broken off making the light inoperable. Bathroom fixtures were broken or missing. Non smoking room??? The blankets had cigarette burns in them!!! TV was broke, and the continental breakfast was a joke!! I think I've said enough!!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rking82654
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
#6 of 8 in Yorktown
Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East
Candlewood Suites Newport News

Been to Yorktown Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!