“A surprise to find a clean, friendly older motel in an attraction area at a reasonable price.”

Yorktown Motor Lodge
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Actually just passing through the area and looking for an overnight stop. Everyone with whom we came in contact, including the guests, was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious and had all the amenities we needed. Aside from a dripping faucet, the room condition was great.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beast48
There are newer reviews for Yorktown Motor Lodge

Reviewed 14 June 2009

The service was excellant. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The location was good.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brattylew
Reviewed 19 October 2008

We stayed at the Yorktown Motor Lodge last month so that we could be close to my son whom we were visiting before he left for Iraq. The motel staff was very friendly and helpful, always smiling and willing to assist with anything you needed. And the rooms were quite comfortable, spacious enough and had all the amenities you needed. Everything was in good working condition, the place was clean with no musty smells as others have noted, and the bathrooms and showers were fine. We're not picky people and could care less about the luxuries you'd find in higher end establishments- we wanted a comfortable,clean place that was quiet at night so you could sleep and the Yorktown Motor Lodge was just that. It also had an an outdoor pool for the summertime and the landscaping was immaculate. The next time we visit my son when he gets back, I would not hestitate to return to this nice little friendly, homey motor lodge located within the Historic Triangle of Yorktown, Jamestown & Williamsburg, Va. and close to the many bases from all branches of the service located around there. I failed to mention it's in a great location to reach all the major historical and entertainment things in the area- it's about one half to one hour away from anything you want to visit- GREAT PLACE_- GO THERE!

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank mitzy42
Reviewed 1 August 2008

Nothing special, but provided a place to stay. The room smelled musty, and the bathroom wasn't as clean as I would have wanted. Grounds were kept up nicely, and the room came with a refrigerator and micorwave.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cignificant
Reviewed 28 June 2008

Warning if you book through a non-direct site for less $$ than rack rate, the mgnt. will not give you what you ask for, ie. non-smoking room, hard nose mgnt. style. we called and asked for a non-smoking room and when we arrived 6-28-2008 the room was full of smoke oder, so we asked to be changed and was told since we booked through PL, that they give out the worst rooms, even though we called and were told we could have a non-smoking room. we did not stay there.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2007

Based on other reviews from Trip Advisor, I stayed here (room number 25) for three nights in June 2007. I chose this location because it is conveniently located to where my family lives. I also got a very good price (Priceline, $60 per night, as opposed to well over $125.00 everywhere else). It is an old-fashioned "mom & pop" motel, obviously constructed in the 1950's or 1960's. The property was renovated sometime in the past few years. The buildings still look good on the outside and the grounds are landscaped very nicely. The young man at the front desk was also very nice (but overworked...in addition to checking in guests I also saw him making up rooms and even trimming the hedges!). The real problem was the room itself. It was small and smelled very bad (musty/dirty smell). There were big "lumpy" stains on the carpet (the lumps implied to me that they hadn't been cleaned). I was nervous to walk in there with my bare feet. The shower curtain was covered with mildew. Two lamps were broken. One outlet was overloaded with a "power strip" and was obviously a fire hazard. My feeling is if the management would just invest a little in upgrading the rooms themselves, they would have a gem of a property. As it is now, I wouldn't return. I'd rather spend a little more and feel as if the room I was in was safe (and CLEAN).

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2006

The Yorktown Motor Lodge is an example of a classic American motel. I very much enjoy visiting private motor lodges, but they are a risk because they vary so greatly in cleanliness, upkeep and service. This motel is a shining example of what the mom and pop motel can be.

The room we stayed in was newly remodeled. We stayed in room 38 with a very comfortable king sized bed. Nice big new TV, AC that could freeze you out, coffee maker, fridge. Bathroom was clean. Room was comfortably large.

WiFi is available in the lobby, as is a continental breakfast that I did not see.

I spoke to the hotel worker and told him how impressed i was with the property. He told me that the man who owns it puts all the money back into the hotel. The landscape was pretty and maincured with lots of begonias. Our room was on the road, but we did not hear road noise.

Historically, I especially enjoyed the neon motel sign at the entrance, whch he hotel worker told me he thought was original to the hotel. Very classic and americana. The inn was built around 1945. We paid only $59 for our room, which was an incredible value.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank josmit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
#6 of 8 in Yorktown
Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East
Candlewood Suites Newport News

Been to Yorktown Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!