“My favorite Thai restaurant Yorktown VA”
Review of Thai Erawan

Thai Erawan
Ranked #23 of 94 Restaurants in Yorktown
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2011

If you love Thai food and are in the area, put this restaurant on the calendar. It is the friendliest Thai restaurant on the planet and the food is always excellent. I try to visit every time I have business in the Yorktown area. The staff recognize me and if they have a "treat" in the back, they will bring me a complimentary portion which makes me feel like I'm part of the family...

1  Thank Beachluvinfamily
There are newer reviews for Thai Erawan

Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is my family's favorite thai restaurant in the area. The atmosphere is casual and the food is always good. They occasionally offer cooking classes which are fun and helpful for trying your favorite dishes at home.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

When in the military during the Vietnam conflict, I had the opportunity to spend many months on several air bases in Thailand. I developed a love of Thai food. The food at Thai Erawan is prepared and has the same flavor just as I remember it then. We have been eating here for many years, know the owner (who just happens to come from one of the areas I was stationed in), and always get excellent meals and service. This is as authentic as it gets outside of Thailand itself. Influanced by the all of the countries around it, China, Vietnam, India, Korea, etc. gives Thai cuisine a flavor all of its own.

1  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I think they can serve better food, but they are trying to be cost effective. If you like crushed peanuts on your Pad Thai, make sure to ask the wait staff to bring some condiments. (No extra charge, but you won't get them if you do not ask) If you expect decent amount of bean sprouts and eggs in your Pad Thai, you need to forget about them and just enjoy noodles. I had never eaten Kao Pad (fried rice) this flavorless... Other dishes we ordered were the same way. We ordered some dishes that are supposed to be spicy, but they came without any chili pepper… no fresh coriander…. I suppose that they used to serve authentic Thai food, but customers might have complained that the food was too spicy and stopped wasting spice… You have to add flavor on your own. Ask for condiments. They have fresh Thai chili in fish sauce. They eat better at home I believe.

1  Thank Pekocat
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We had my God daughters birthday dinner here. The food was good, however the service was not. None of our food came out together, but the highlight came as we were leaving. We had a party of 9, we asked when we recieved the check if gratuity was added, the woman said no. Some of us left the tip on the table and others were going to add it to their debit card. Well, when my daughter went to pay her bill of $34, she had added $2 tip to her card. The woman ringing us out said outloud.."I can't believe she only left a $2 tip on a $34 tab", she proceeded to add a 15% gratuity to all remaining tickets that were not paid yet, as I tried to explain to her that my daughter had also left a $5 cash tip on the table. My bill was only $10, and I left $3 on the table, but she still proceeded to add another %15 to my bill, and had already picked up the cash. After telling her how rude she was, I told her I would never be back, and would tell as many people as possible about this experience. Beware!!!!