York River Inn Bed and Breakfast
US$67
Red Roof
US$93
US$90
Candlewood Suites Newport News(Yorktown)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$180
Priceline
Fort Eustis Inn(Newport News)
US$68
US$88
US$68
Travelocity
Crown Inn(Yorktown)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspresident's roomhis knowledgevirginia historyyork riverlocal historywashington roomcoleman bridgeevery morningbluff overlookinggreat cookdelicious breakfastfresh baked cookiesstory tellerknowledgeable hostanniversary weekendhistorical itemsthoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while attending a family wedding in Williamsburg. We had the President's room overlooking the York River. The room was spacious and cosy, had a lovely view and sundeck. We got to see the bridge open twice which was pretty interesting. It is nice and quiet, great breakfast with local fare and recipes. Bill is a wealth of knowledge on the region and a great host. It is a quick walk down to the dock and historical town.
Thanks for a great stay

Julia and Steve, Reno

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JuliaP983
Reviewed 24 August 2013

First of all this was my first time staying at B&B, it was the weekend of my anniversary the location was excellent you did not have to drive unless you wanted too. The room we stayed in was the Pocahontas room it was very clean I was very impressed as my husband was too, I enjoyed the artifacts that was through out the room, the bed was very comfortable. The innkeeper Bill was very polite, he was the best thank you Bill. Let me also say the breakfast was excellent , we also went site seeing not to mention we could walk right to the beach, the food at the Riverwalk Grill was also excellent , the people where very friendly. I'm going to spend all my anniversaries at the B&B, as well as getaway. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great location overlooking the James River. Located on a quite cul-de-sac. Only 12 miles from Colonial Williamsburg by way of Colonial Parkway. We stayed in Washington Suite very nice room with sitting area. Only downfall was the lighting in the bathroom and no mirror over bathroom sink because of slope of the wall. Definitely need more lighting in bathroom was hard to see to put on makeup and do hair.
Bill(owner) great host and breakfast food was wonderful. Very creative with his meals.
Would highly recommend you staying here. It felt like home!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank PGibson61
Yorkriver, Owner at York River Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

I'm sorry the guest was disappointed with the mirror in the bathroom---because I have always been aware of that deficit, I provide a three-level light mirror with both regular and magnified sides to help folks who need brighter or more concentrated light for make-up or other purposes. Sorry she didn't find it on the dresser in the bedroom. It was noted in the amenities book that I provide and is in plain view. Glad they enjoyed their visit despite this issue! The guest looked lovely every day even though she didn't have a good lighted mirror!!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I experienced an amazing breakfast that was full of creative, absolutely delicious food and wonderful conversation with other guests and innkeeper Bill Cole. The spectacular view over the river made me feel as I was on a cruise ship. Bill is a superb cook -- breakfast was like dining for dinner. He has mastered the attention for detail and knows how to pamper his guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AuntieM330
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This venue is perfect for seeing the numerous historical attractions. Not only do you have a charming room and common area, but you also benefit from the extraordinary knowledge that Bill provides about history and the area. Add amazing breakfasts to the list and you have the perfect place to stay. I really enjoyed watching the many birds that stop by to feed and the peaceful view of the river. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2013