“Yup - Its A Truck Stop”

Price range: US$1 - US$18
Monument, Colorado
“Yup - Its A Truck Stop”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Typical truck stop food. They had a $12 rib eye special that I tried. It was slightly better than I expected for the money and the atmosphere. It was not dry not thin, but a good piece of meat. They serve what taste like home made white rolls with fresh preservative, the typical potato options, salad, etc.

The atmosphere is a truck stop diner venue.

As mentioned in other reviews, the service can be sketchy, dependent upon who waits on you. The blue cheese dressing I ordered with my salad would be called thousand island anywhere else. I was mistaken to think that when asked if I wanted steak sauce that it was an offer to provide the same. Apparently she was taking a survey or just curious as the steak sauce never materialized.

If you don't get enough to eat, which I would find surprising because the amount of food served is more than sufficient, you walk past the Subway sandwich shop both on the way in and out.

• Visited November 2013

Colorado
“Pepcid”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My tummy hurts just thinking about it. We usually stop at Hot Tomatoes in Fruit but it was Sunday afternoon and it was closed, along with just about every other restaurant we drive by. Went back to I-70 and saw saw Arvin's. There is a part of me that relates to truck stops and I enjoy meeting the folks that hang out there. Arvin's was no exception, a sassy waitress and manager with a sense of humor (a bad one, which made it even better). The place is clean and the ice tea was a treat after three caffeine-free days in the desert.
But then the food came, gut bomb. Wife had a salad that was a head of iceberg lettuce in a bowl big enough to change your car oil in. The ranch dressing came in a soup cup filled to the brim. Must have been 8 oz of dressing. Side order of fries must have been 5 potatoes worth. Open face turkey sandwich- just saying it makes me need to stop and run for antacid............... ok I am back was true truck stop fare, slathered with gravy and a scoop of mashers.
Would not eat here again but might come for ice tea and ambience. Will continue on to Grand Junction next time we are hungry on a Sunday.

• Visited September 2013
Connecticut
“Average but can be good”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Went here twice. First time great food and service. Second visit, ordered same food with same waitress. Very slow service and overcooked steaks on second visit.

Visited August 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
“disappointing truck stop food”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Long story about biscuits and possibly the worst I have ever eaten. Tasted premade and held too long. Service was slow and unattentive.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank deb c
Santa Clara, Utah
“Stopped for a late breakfast”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had left Steamboat Springs at 6am so by the time we got to Fuita, we were ready for a 2nd breakfast. We both ordered eggs which were done correctly. Husband had the cinnamon roll and I had the biscuit (you only need one). Other than size, neither one was out of the ordinary but the fresh raspberry jam added to the biscuit. We would stop again if in the area.

• Visited August 2013