This is a very well-managed and friendly B&B. The rooms are a good size, and the bathrooms are nicely decorated with colourful ceramics. Breakfast is an all-guests-sit-down-together affair at 8:00am; delicious fresh pies, along with tea and coffee are available throughout the day. A great feature is the large amount of public space - a large "living room" with fireplace, and other comfortable rooms and nooks and crannies with books and magazines. Lots of them look out over bird feeders placed around the building.
With no restaurant at the B&B, you have two dinner choices: go out to one of the nearest restaurants, about a 20-minute drive away; or buy takeout or groceries during the day and store them in the guest fridge and heat things up for dinner. There's a comfortable table and chairs in the room, if you choose this option.
The thing we appreciated most about this B&B and its hosts was their helpfulness and flexibility: 8:00am is way too late for birders to eat breakfast, but Patrick and Karl will arrange to cook a takeaway breakfast for you if you are a crack-of-dawn birder. Also, we arrived late in the afternoon on Valentine's day, hungry. It was impossible to get a restaurant reservation, and Patrick and Karl invited us to a pot luck at the B&B. We had delicious meal, and a great evening.
For birders, this B&B is close to the canyons, and is on the road east towards Bisbee and the cranes at Whitewater Draw. It's farther from the more northerly birding spots like Patagonia State Park. A good base. An easy drive to the feeders at Ash Canyon B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SE Arizona territorial hacienda located on the San Pedro River - one of the Nature Conservancy's Last Great Places on Earth. 10 luxury guest rooms. Only 90 miles SE of Tucson, but only inches from heaven. Perfect for birding, hiking, biking or relaxing. Above al it is quiet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Casa de San Pedro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De San Pedro Hotel Hereford
- Casa De San Pedro Hereford, Arizona