Staying at the Casa de San Pedro is a real pleasure. What a great place for birdwatching! The inn couldn't be better located, right beside the San Pedro River and acres of BLM land. The birds are fantastic, and with all the bird feeders the hosts have set up all over the grounds, you're bound to see some amazing and wonderful birds before you've had a chance to unpack. The hosts go out of their way to help you, especially Patrick, a very generous soul; and your fellow guests are likely to be interesting and nice folks, too. And, in that climate, the swimming pool is a real treat!
Two quibbles: the breakfast hour and the rooms. Breakfast at 8:00 is less than ideal for birders, especially as there is no outdoor dining area, and what birder wants to be indoors at 8 in the morning in the most splendid birdwatching spot imaginable? But the hosts will leave yogurt, fruit, muffins, and hard-boiled eggs in the fridge for you, if you want to get an early start. And the rooms, though they do look out on a lovely courtyard, are basically motel rooms, with their single window and awkward layout, forcing you to choose between natural light and privacy.
Even so, I hope we go again someday. Six days wasn't enough. Loved the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SE Arizona territorial hacienda located on the San Pedro River - one of the Nature Conservancy's Last Great Places on Earth. 10 luxury guest rooms. Only 90 miles SE of Tucson, but only inches from heaven. Perfect for birding, hiking, biking or relaxing. Above al it is quiet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Casa de San Pedro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De San Pedro Hotel Hereford
- Casa De San Pedro Hereford, Arizona