“Monday night supprise!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Elgin
“Monday night supprise!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I took my family here on a Monday night, it was a special occasion and we were celebrating. I thought it would be quiet, but it was packed! How great to see! Our server, Rebecca was great! We picked on her a bit because she had to look up some whiskey on a cheat sheet, but she was spot on! Great night, great food, great service! So have I used the word great too much?

minnesota
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were tired and hungry after a long day of hiking. We were told by our B and B that this was a good place to eat- what a surprise it was once we walked in! It was very new, nice atmosphere. The Owner came by and talked to us a bit and told us some of the local history about the big fire and how she came about opening the restaurant- which has very authentic menu options. Great beers on tap, although they could add some additional local craft beers to the offering.
Service was good and the place was crowded for dinner- this says a lot. I would return here for another meal

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Eggs Benedict Pizza and Never-ending Mimosas”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Mimosa has always been a trusted place to go. Their pizzas offer fresh ingredients and taste the closest I've had to real Naples pizza (where it was invented). They like doing farm to table and source locally what they can. The Burata is my favorite appetizer and i love their pizzas with pistachios and arugula. The gnocchi is ridiculously good.

But suddenly they have a brunch menu. My wife and I went and were even more surprised. We had mussels in saffron broth and deep fried mashed potato fritters with truffle. Both were decadent and good. But the piece de resistance was the Breakfast Pizza. Covered in hollandaise and Italian sausage, they serve two over easy eggs in the middle. I can't describe the taste but I can say it's the best breakfast-like food I've ever had. hands down.

And oh yeah, for $14 you can drink all the mimosas and bloody marys you want. These aren't ordinary, either. You can curate your own. Want italian salami or bacon in your Mary? No problem? Want Kiwi or blood orange mimosas, no problem? They have it all.

We feel lucky this restaurant is here.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“THE BEST”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I be3lieve this is the3 cream of the crop for any dining in Sierra Vista or the area. The food is always fresh and perfectly prepared. Do yourself a favor and make a point of trying every appetizer on the menu. You'll like their food well enough that you will make enough return trips to do so!

Visited August 2013
“Great intentions (and we know what that paves)”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I truly wish I could write a better review, but the food at Pizzaria Mimosa is just uninspired. The food is for the most part, bland. Spices are lacking. If this is done to please the palates of the locals, it only serves to make the food mediocre, and is, in this reviewers opinion, a mistake. The plates are dependent on the heaviness of cheeses, heavy creams, etc. rather than fresh basil, oregano, other spices and fresh vegetables. And a beautiful building, but no ear to sound mitigation. As all the surfaces are hard, the sound is a cacophony when there are only 20 or so people there. When it is full, it is deafening. All in all, an opportunity missed.