Pizzeria Mimosa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Given the location and the word Pizzeria as part of its name you would not expect to find this place. This is not a "pizza" joint, it's a full Italian restaurant. Service was great. Beverages and food came very quickly. However - and here's the complaint - the food was far from warm. The bread provided on the table was cold enough it might have come from the fridge and then was brush with oil. Pass. The calzone and sauce should have been pipping hot - it was barely a few degrees above room temperature.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Having lived in Europe for over a decade and then moving back to the States I thought that I would never taste authentic Italian style pizza unless I went back to Europe. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. Who knew that there would be such a restaurant in southern Arizona, better yet in a small town. I love their pizza selections as well, especially with options like pistachios. If you are looking for the best Margarita pizza around then this is definitely the spot. Reminds me of Italy every time.

1  Thank Kidcablasian
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and the service was great. The crust on the pizza as awesome. The crescent roll pastries were out of this world

Reviewed 19 May 2014

They have a big neon sign out from that says "pizza", but when you go inside its a "fancy dancy" upscale restaurant that sells all of this gourmet style crap. I want a 18+ inch pizza!!!
They only sold individual size pizzas that were very over priced. And to make matters worse, the legs on our table were not level and the table kept rocking. So we switched tables, but the next table was the same way. I was very disappointed with this place.
But if you want to impress your girl and take her to a nice, fancy restaurant, then this is the place.
But if you simply want to go out for pizza, at an average pizza price and size, then don't bother.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My boyfriend thought that it would be nice to try a new restaurants bad choice. 1) It took forever to get a waitress to our table and actually get our drinks. 2) The waitress new nothing of the menu which for me means bad training. 3) It took forever to get our food and when we did the food was very bland and very over priced. My daughter's spaghetti and meatballs was mainly sauce very very little pasta and two meatballs. That is pretty bad when a parent does not feel that there is enough pasta on the plate for a three year old 4) When we got our food the waitress did not give us any silver wear. So we had to wait for the waitress to come back before we could begin eating our meals. 5) The waitress did not come back for a great while leaving me with plenty of food but no drink refill. 6) Towards the end of our meal we had either the hostess, another waitress or the general manager which makes it worse come to us about who seated us in the table we were at. I guess the table was reserved. First you should not blame this or come to the customer about this you should talk to the waitress who seated the customers or someone in charge. When I told her the waitress seated us and she spoke to the front desk she asked "who is that". My personal opinion is the restaurant should keep track of that not the customer. That meant piss poor management skills and poor communication. Two they should put a reserved sign on the table that could of easily fixed that from ever happening. 7) Reaction to the overall situation was horrible. The lady said out loud that they should not be sitting there you need to get them out of here now. They took away my daughters high chair as I took her to the bathroom. That is very rude!!! There is no way in living hell I would go back to that restaurant ever again, even if they were giving the food away. They need to learn a thing or two about customer service, training there personal and management skills.

Other things I noticed was that people were standing around outside not knowing where to go after being left there by their waiter. That was awkward for the people.

5  Thank Noyb5