“Hit and miss for service.”
Review of Lone Star Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lone Star Cafe
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The last two times my crew and I have eaten here the service has been awful. Empty drinks and food and condiments showing up at different times throughout the meal. The last time was this last Friday and the place was relatively empty. We waited so long for our server that one of the girls broke out some peanut butter crackers from her purse to snack on while we waited for our server who was busy gabbing with a couple who had already paid their bill. Twice she looked right at us with our menus folded and ready to order. Our drinks sat empty and my salad came AFTER my sandwich had arrived. She said she would be back with tea and water.......10 minutes later. The experience was frustrating enough that we each left $.01 on our placemats and I left her a note as to why. We will be taking our lunches when we work out in that area from now on.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The sign out front of this restaurant claims "Best Breakfast" but my wife and I left very disappointed.

I immediately noticed the dirty carpet upon entering the restaurant and after sitting down at the table we were harassed by a fly for the duration of our meal. The menu is large but unimpressive and the prices were reasonable. It took a while for the waitress to take our order and even longer for the food to arrive at the table.

The food portions were hearty but it lacked flavor. My serving of blueberry pancakes were not light and fluffy, and the blueberries were almost tasteless. The hash potatoes and eggs that accompanied my meal were not seasoned at all.

Save your money and find another place to dine.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I really liked the food here, the portions, the atmosphere, everything really; and then came the bill. Listen, this place has wonderful food, but with these prices, you are just better off staying in town and eating at Cafe Ole for much less. If curiousity gets the better of you, and you must try something off the beaten path, try Sunny D's in Huachuca City. If you really don't mind spending some bucks for breakfast, then go on down to the Bisbee Breakfast Club, where the price is comparable, but the experience is more of an "experience." Still, the food was very good at Lone Star and Hereford is beautiful, so you might like it.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Good food. close to home. Nice staff. Reasonable. Home cooking when you son't want to do it yourself.