“Great location, breakfast and birds.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hereford
Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Hereford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Patrick and Karl at Casa de San Pedro recommend Ramsey Canyon Inn B & B to us for our last night in Southern AZ. We had a great stay here. Breakfast was terrific and Shirlene makes the most fabulous pies. We had Strawberrry Rhubarb and Key Lime Pie. Great hiking and birding available. She has lots of hummingbird and other bird feeders on property. So if you want to sit and bird, you can see a lot. Very homey rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank devinenance

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed two nights here in one of the rooms that can be rented so I can not comment on the breakfast as we provided our own in our own terrific unit.

The feeders were full of hummingbirds, the trees held warblers... Local wild turkeys greet early risers suspiciously while Ring Tailed Cats and Bats share the nectar feeders after dark. A two minute walk from Ramsey Canyon Preserve.

Very scenic, tranquil and private for a B&B. Many local attractions for birders and non-birders alike.

Room Tip: The individual rooms are a little more, but if you want privacy and the ability to cook your own mea...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I meant to write this earlier while it was still fresh in my mind but I still give it a two thumbs up. I went back in April with my extended family. My sister and her husband stayed in a lovely room upstairs, my sister-in-law had another room to herself, upstairs and my sister and I stayed in the third room, upstairs. So we had the second floor to ourselves for three nights. We were there for the birds and Shirlene recommended a great bird guide, Weizel Van Walraven from New Mexico. He knew the area and the birds inside and out. He was fantastic! He has his own website if you need a guide. The yard extends around the property and is filled with feeders of all kinds to bring in birds, so that as you sit in the lawn chairs or on the porch you can enjoy viewing up close. The entrance to the Nature Conservancy is right next door. My sister-in-law (not a birder) enjoyed shopping and driving around the local area. Shirlene was very helpful with sharing information as to where to go. And yes, her pies are to die for! Three choices daily, so don't go there to diet! Also her breakfasts were also out of this world. We definitely hope to get back there for another visit.

Room Tip: Each room had a journal where guests had written about their visit. I thought all the rooms were ni...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PattiQG
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Visited in August to see the hummingbirds. The weather was perfect, the natural wildlife was amazing, we saw wild turkey, deer, hummingbirds, butterflys and so much more. We stayed in Cabin A, and although this is my third visit to the Inn, it was my first time not staying in the B&B. I have loved the B& B so much, was a bit anxious. We loved our little cabin. The privacy was perfect for our girls triip (my elderly mother and my sister) we had ample room. We loved being able to grill and eat outside. We loved the creed serending us to sleep at night. We thoroughly enjoyed the pies. And Shirlene and Elisa were perfect hosts in every way. I highly recommend Ramsey Canyon Inn. If you are going to the Nature Preserve, it is a short walk across the yard.

Room Tip: I have always loved the B&B rooms, Shirlene's breakfasts are amazing. The stairs are a littl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed three nights at the Inn in April. As many other reviewers have mentioned, Shirlene is an amazing cook. The pies are truly remarkable and the breakfast was a treat. My wife is lactose intolerant, and she made a special breakfast for her every day.

The Inn is well kept up overall and guests have the run of the house so to speak. There is a large comfortable family room with a fire place for guests to relax and talk. Hot water for tea and coffee was available most of the time, and there is a small refrigerator for use by guests.

The Inn is located right next to the Ramsey Canyon, so if you are planning to visit the canyon, there is no better place. Nothing special about the bedroom we stayed in (Rufus). This was the smallest room I believe, but everything worked and the shower was terrific.

We have no reservation in recommending this place and will stay here again if we visit this area.

Room Tip: If you need space, you may want to consider another room other than the Rufus.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights at end of August to see the hummingbirds at the Inn and the birds at
the Preserve, which is right next door. Shirlene Milligan, the proprietor, provided us with royal
treatment from beginning to end. Room was wonderful with porch overlooking garden , trees
and creek. Breakfast and pies were five star !!!!! Had deer and a small juvenile bear cross the
premises much to our surprise. Delightful place with many amenities !!!

Room Tip: "Costas" room provides more shade earlier in the evening (in late August anyway), and be...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Have stayed at the Inn 3 times over the past 12 months.

Shirlene (the owner) is very gracious, it is a B&B so once you are checked in you are pretty much on your own until Pies are served (3 pm... heavenly!) and/or breakfast the next morning. Last trip we met travelers from Washington and California, this time a scientist from Costa Rica and a few couples from the Phoenix area. It's a pretty diverse group and always friendly.

The views are spectacular and you are literally next to the Nature Conserv. and amazing hiking trails for most any hiking level during the day (note - closed on Tues/Wed but we don't travel mid week much). For birders there are something like 150+ species there and 15 or so of just hummingbirds so we spent a great deal of time at the feeders enjoying the view. Last trip we had a great (quick) sighting of a bear from the road and we've seen deer and fox on others. Bats are somewhat common and we heard others say they've seen a wild turkey group but we haven't been that lucky yet.

Definately worth the money ($150 a room or so... more I think for the fully furnished apartment) and you can't beat the location for a beautiful and secluded get-away from the heat.

Room Tip: Housekeeping suites (2 each) and apartment (1) have full kitchens and sitting areas - we opted for r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuliCarman

Been to Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!