“Beautiful setting, wonderful pies!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hereford
Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Hereford B&B and Inns
Mound, Minnesota
“Beautiful setting, wonderful pies!”
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My fiancee Michelle and I stayed in one of the cross-creek duplexes, where we cannot (unless by invite) partake of the breakfasts but can still sample those yummy pies. I absolutely recommend the duplexes, as we "did our own thing" with no thought as to time or place. We just relaxed, hiked, ate, napped and repeated for 8 luxurious days. Yes, the duplexes might come across as a tad spartan, but I am quite acceptable of the comfort and privacy available at the bed and breakfast. Contrary to any poster who has said the hosts were "rude," I have always found them cheery, helpful and eager to please. If I only knew more about the B+B business and had the available funds, I would buy this place in a heartbeat. Absolutely worth the trip, and can't wait until Michelle and I can make the trip again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarkN66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
connecticut
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Just returned from a birding weekend at Ramsey Canyon. We'd booked the b&b a month or two ago, so I was a little worried when I saw the most recent reviews. What a relief to find that this gem is still just what I'd read about in earlier reviews.
The location of the inn is perfect for anyone planning to visit Ramsey Canyon-it's literally feet away from the entrance. The inn has a beautiful & cozy living room to hang out in and watch hummingbirds from its many windows. The bedrooms are good-sized with very comfortable beds. (We stayed in the Magnificent room-which turned out to be our favorite hummingbird as well.) Our hostess , Shirlene, was lovely and welcoming. She serves a family style breakfast at a long table with a hummingbird feeder just outside the window. One can eat and watch hummingbirds at the same time. We saw seven species there during our two day stay.
Many of the other, more experienced birders have stayed there two or three times-and one set of friends were there for the sixth time.

Our only disappointment was that we didn't see an elegant trogon, but I guess even Shirlene couldn't provide that!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank elaine d
arizona
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I would never stay at this place ever again. The owner is very rude!!! Stay clear of this place

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gagirl34
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 19 March 2010

It's a beautiful location and the wild birds and pies are fabulous. Breakfasts are ok but nothing special by B&B standards. Our room (Anna's) was clean and comfortable with a good bed, but details (e.g., toilet, locks) needed attention. The place is for sale and one senses that the caretaker and service staff would rather be doing something else. One hopes that a new owner will put some money into some renovations, including a few lights at the entrance so you don't take your life in your hands when approaching after dark.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Az
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I am beyond pleased with our wonderful stay at this fabulous retreat tucked away in the cool canyon. After taking an amazing photo of a hummingbird within 5 min of my arrival, I decided I needed to become a "birder"; I couldn't get enough; birds and deer were everywhere! We booked 2 rooms with kitchettes, prepared our own meals and bbq'd out by the picnic table. We felt like teen agers again: singing songs, telling stories under the stars, fixing hair and giggling. It was the best "girls' night" ever! After sipping Susan's special fruity drinks, it was a delight that nobody had to drive home! We will DEFINATELY do this again! The owner was super-nice and even had a birthday cake waiting for one of the ladies. My friend's son is getting married there also so it looks like this may be a new hot spot for me. Two thumbs up, for sure.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank LynnSierraVista_Az
La Grange
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We went to the Inn for our anniversary, we had never stayed in a B & B, Jeff was a little nervous about it, but his fears were put to rest as we checked in and were invited to fresh baked pies (the absolute best I have ever had). The breakfasts were delicious. I do house cleaning as a small business and I was very impressed with the cleanliness. Nothing makes me feel more comfortable than to walk into a beautifully decorated and clean room
Shirlene is a wonderful hostess going out of her way to make her guests comfortable. We had a wonderful time and were a little sad when we had to leave.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaGrangeMaddox
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 September 2008

The weather was perfect and our hosts so very accomodating.
We had a delightful stay with lovely breakfasts and fabulous pies!
Hummingbirds everywhere - it was magic. We'll be back.

• Liked — Fresh pie
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Katherine022
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hereford
Sierra Suites
Garden Place Suites
Garden Place Suites
#3 of 22 in Sierra Vista
Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!