“Nostalgic, Beautiful,& Convenient”

Spencer House Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 St. Marys B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband, dtr and fiance, and I spent 3 nights at Spencer House in April. It was wonderful. The house is a beauty: clean and charming with lovely rooms (ours had a claw-foot soaking tub!), soft "oldies" music wafts through the halls along with the aroma of home-baked cookies in the oven before afternoon tea. It's a short walk to the pier to catch the ferry to Cumberland Island (make sure to plan ahead for tours--Innkeeper Mary will help you with that AND pack lunches for your party to take with you). Owners Mike and Mary were so helpful--each evening was like coming home after being out and about. A glass of wine on one of the porches concludes an idyllic day. Close to good restaurants, shops, and museums. I didn't want to leave! Hope to be back to this charming respite.

Room Tip: All rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors looked lovely. There is one guest room on the first floor. There i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Spencer House Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This B&B was perfect for the special get-away for my son and I! Loved the atmosphere, food and great service. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that we were happy! They packed a wonderful lunch for our trip to Cumberland Island!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in late March. I wish we could have stayed longer. I am a photographer, and came here so that we could spend a day on Cumberland Island. This was perfect. We had room 200, which is very comfortable and spacious. The ferry is within walking distance too. The Inn is beautiful, the owners and staff very gracious and the food was great. You can get a lunch to take to Cumberland for $8.95 each. It was more than I even expected. Such a treat. My sister and I even got in a sunrise shot our last morning. If you walk to the end of the street that the Inn is on....you can get a great sunrise view over the marsh.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Beginning with a warm welcome of Southern hospitality, our stay at the Spencer House Inn was comfortable and pleasant. We were given a tour of the home before being shown to our room where we spent two nights in quiet slumber. The location in the heart of the historic district of St. Marys, GA, is so convenient both to the local eating places and to the ferry terminal for the Cumberland Island National Seashore where we had planned an outing. Ashley at the desk and Mike and Mary, the owners, were attentive and helpful. Breakfast was delicious with many choices from fruit, yogurt and homemade granola to home baked breads, bagels, muffins and then a hot dish as well--Orange, Almond French toast one morning and 4 cheese omelets the next day. We had requested a picnic lunch for our trip to the beach and our sandwiches, sodas, chips, granola bars and cookies were packed in a soft-sided cooler to handily carry with us. We enjoyed a delightful mini-vacation, thanks to this lovely well-maintained facility.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We was looking for a place to stay near the Cumberland Island Ferry with ambiance and Southern charm. We got that and more!
We were going over to CI for one day and were getting married. The Inn helped me tremendously with the wedding planning. They gave the best recommendations for hair, makeup, flowers, cake and restaurants. This place is a one stop shop! They accommodated all of our needs for refrigerated items, flower delivery, a lunch picnic for 4 to bring over to the Island for the day and made us feel so special.
I can speak for myself when I say...I felt like we were staying with family. They were just as excited for us... that morning and afternoon. I can't express our thanks enough to this warm, inviting, immaculate and historic Inn. Mike and Mary and Holly are whom we mainly met. Also the other guests were just as friendly...I guess it rubs off on you..
The area that the Inn is set in..is so charming and idyllic..I wish I could've bottled up that ambiance and taken it with us.
They had added personal touches to each room. You can't go wrong choosing any one of their gorgeous rooms. The bed was so comfortable...,the furnishings were antique and charming...Did I mention the breakfasts and afternoon tea and chocolate chip cookies daily? Go and check this place out for yourself...you will not be disappointed...
Also..I wanted to mention for the physically limited person..this Inn is perfect. it has entry ramps and elevator inside the premises. Even though the Inn has 3 stories...they can be steep stairs and for the above mentioned...the elevator was a blessing..
Our elopement couldn't have been more perfect, and I will never forget these wonderful people. We hope to make a return trip on one our anniversaries..they are the best.

Room Tip: The town itself is a where the Inn is located is so quiet and charming..there isn't a bad room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Spencer House Inn Bed and Breakfast. The staff, led by Mary and Mike Neff, were extremely welcoming and attended to my every need. In addition, they are located in the heart of the St. Marys historic district and just a stone's throw from the ferry for Cumberland Island National Seashore. When I visit the area again, I will stay nowhere else but the Spencer House Inn Bed and Breakfast. You will love their individual attention--it is unsurpassed!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Spencer House Inn is an immaculate bed and breakfast in a great location.Bed linens very nice; Gilchrist & Soames toiletries. Buffet breakfast was extensive but lacked "health-conscious" items. Mary and Mike work hard at running an efficient operation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Riverview Hotel
Riverview Hotel
#2 of 4 in St. Marys
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Spencer House Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!