and it shows it. Bathroom and A/C are completely modern and up to date and that's about it. Carpet on stairs is very worn. We were upgraded and given a good rate. Management tries but until there is some serious dollars spent, it's old and musty. Continental breakfast was nicely done. Loved the hotel cat and dog. Inadequate electric plug ins in the room. WiFi only works in the lobby. Very convenient location. We want to return to St. Mary's GA as the gateway to the Cumberland Island National Park but we'd probably stay the necessary 2 nights on I-95 and GA 40. B & B's looked inviting in downtown St. Mary's too. Welcome center, Robyn, was exceptionally helpful in helping us plan a return visit to see those horses on that island. Ferry schedule is very limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closest Lodging to Cumberland Island Ferry, The Riverview Hotel circa 1916 has 18 guest rooms each named after some of the notable guests that have either visited or stayed at the hotel over the years. We serve a deluxe continental breakfast daily, wireless internet access, full service bar and restaurant, and pack picnic lunches to carry out. Reasonable rates and convenient location are a plus. Discover history, discover Cumberland Island, discover yourself, at the Riverview Hotel. Relax and enjoy beautiful St. Marys, GA, the little town by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview Hotel Saint Marys
- Riverview Hotel St. Marys, Georgia