We had read mostly very positive reviews and decided some people are probably just too fussy We were wrong. Now that we've actually stayed at the Riverview, we've revised our opinion and decided instead that some people have a very loose definition of "excellent." The Riverview really is pretty bad. The lobby is stifling, but that didn't bother us. What did bother us, on the other hand, was that our room was also stifling. Though it had an air conditioner (repaired messily with duck tape), it had not been turned on prior to our arrival, and our room was hot and humid. Our room also had a broken window (also repaired with tape) and dirty. Additionally, there were no towels or shampoo. The upstairs of the house smells like a Chinese restaurant and the carpet is stained, holey, and coming unattached from the floor. It's a shame; the hotel has great bones and could be very lovely. Though it wouldn't matter that the hotel is a little down-at-heel if a suitable level of service and cleanliness were maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closest Lodging to Cumberland Island Ferry, The Riverview Hotel circa 1916 has 18 guest rooms each named after some of the notable guests that have either visited or stayed at the hotel over the years. We serve a deluxe continental breakfast daily, wireless internet access, full service bar and restaurant, and pack picnic lunches to carry out. Reasonable rates and convenient location are a plus. Discover history, discover Cumberland Island, discover yourself, at the Riverview Hotel. Relax and enjoy beautiful St. Marys, GA, the little town by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview Hotel Saint Marys
- Riverview Hotel St. Marys, Georgia