“CHEAP BUT NOT CHEERFUL!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cumberland Kings Bay Lodges
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in St. Marys
Boise, Idaho
“CHEAP BUT NOT CHEERFUL!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

You certainly get what you pay for at this place.
A strong mouldy odor hits you as you walk in.
My husband, myself and my 89 year old mother left with a pinhead type rash on our bodies. Lord knows what bugs are in this place.
The bathroom was quite nasty & had hairs and grime in the corners of the floor. Couldn’t take a bath as there was no bath stopper, not that we wanted to as I had to rinse out the tub before taking a shower. No shampoo or hairdryer, just a couple bars of cheap soap.
The bed blanket under the top cover was worn and thin and had burn holes and stains.
The “Continental” breakfast consists of strong coffee in a styrofoam cup and Krispy Kreme doughnuts straight from the box.
On line it states that they will let you use pots and pans etc if you ask. Don’t bother, They do not have pots, pans, plates etc…
We reserved a room for 8 days. On the 3rd day we had to get the room key “reprogrammed” as it wouldn’t work. On the 8th day the key was “disconnected” and we were locked out of our room, as they did not take the payment for the 8th day and said that we owed for another day. Its done weekly!! “Hello” we booked it for 8 days!
The snotty teenager that was on the desk was very rude and obnoxious
This place is a disaster and I will never use it again. By the time we spent out on plates, cups, plastic knives and forks etc… we would have been better off paying more and staying in a clean room.

• Stayed May 2011
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank 7forty

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
laconia NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

We stayed 1 night. I always go to bed an hour or 2 before my wife & when we left in the morning I had about 20 or 30 bed bug bites, my wife had none, I guess the bugs had their fill from me!
I know about hotel bed bugs from an incident 2 years earlier at the downtown Super 8 in Torrington CT where I got about 100 bites & only learned what what they were after a visit to the emergency room.
When I called them 2 days later they were rude & unhelpful.
From now on I will stay at a chain that has a stated bed bug policy

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank laconiaNHReg2
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

Don't even think about arriving after 10 p.m! Even if you tell them you will be arriving late and they tell you it will be o.k. just call the number on the door. We had read a review warning about this very thing so we discussed it on the phone when we made our reservation and they said it would be no problem if we arrived at 10:00. We got there at 10:30 and there was no one there. We called the number on the door repeatedly and no one answered. This is also the number listed for the emergency number for guests! So it guests have an emergency and no one answers I guess they will just be out of luck. We had to drive around at 11:00 p.m. and find another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ngawildflower
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

I saw decent reviews of the place and decided to stay overnight with my family as I was driving to Orlando. It was a big mistake, rooms were smelly, and carpet was wet, mushy and sticky. Also saw couple of cockroaches in two of my three rooms I had booked. Motel was also not well kept there were spider webs everywhere and even in the open you there was a distinct stingy smell. Just for few dollars extra you can stay in Kingsland and have a very comfortable stay. My advice, stay away from this place. On my way back I stayed in Kingsland – Sleep Inn and it was a very comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ForceChaos
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

We stayed here for three nights. This isn't the Ritz..so if you need an iron, hair dryer, etc. bring it. Also the 'dishes' that were supposed to be available really weren't much help..if you're planning on cooking bring your own stuff...
But our room was clean, it had a small fridge and stove top, microwave. The staff was very nice to us. I did note, as some others have, that there are some people staying there who may have been a bit shady, but who says the people at the Hilton aren't ? No one bothered us at all, we were out using the grill, etc. No problems.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

We stayed here due to price. My Dad had stayed here many times in the past and had given me a heads up that it was basic at best but clean. That is still true. If you need a place to sleep and shower it will do the job. It's an older motel with out dated furnishings but they do keep it clean as a pin even if it is very worn out. We were spending time with family and on Cumberland Island so we only used the room to sleep and clean up. Didn't visit the pool but it looked nice. There was a coin laundry which we used and the Front Office while somewhat shabby did conveniently sell ice cream, laundry detergent and various toilitries. The breakfast was fresh Krispy Kreme Donuts (can't complain about that) and coffee. It met our needs. It was quiet and we got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goldiestereo
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

I was traveling with a group of college students on a coastal ecology trip and this place was booked for us due to the low cost of a $35 per night group rate. I would never stay here again if I were in a position of choosing the room. When we arrived there were a group of young men with open containers of liquor in the parking lot. The room I was given had a very strong odor of room deoderizer--so much so that I left the room door open to "air" the room. The metal in the room was pitted as metal often does in locations near saltwater but this added to the overall aged look of the facility. The spread on the bed was thin and worn. The blanket beneath it was so stained and dirty (things that looked like straw an unidentifiable things actually stuck in the fibers). I removed the blanket as I could not stand the thought of sleeping beneath it. I was left with the thin sheet on a cool night. The bath towels were thin and scratchy but the face cloths were actually quite plush. There was no way to take a bath in the bath shower combo but the surface of the tub was peeling long strips od something and I would not have wanted to bathe in it even if it had held a stopper or way to prepare a bath. There were no amenities in the room--no shampoo, no hair dryer. There was an old-style phone in the room and I was able to leave a wake-up call on the first night but on the second night my calls to the front desk went unanswered. The breakfast was coffee and krispy kreme doughnuts..There was a cooktop with two burners and a small refrigerator and full size sink but there were no pots, pans, cutlery, etc. The TV was an old-style one but it did have cable. I suppose I am spoiled but this place was really a dump. I would have rather paid more and slept in a room that smelled cleaner with at least a blanket that I could have slept under.

• Stayed March 2009
Magnolia Inn - Kingsland
Magnolia Inn - Kingsland
#10 of 21 in Kingsland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland

Been to Cumberland Kings Bay Lodges? Share your experiences!