“Orange Marmalade and Free Bike Rides”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Marys
Emma’s Cottage House
Ranked #3 of 3 St. Marys B&B and Inns
Tallahassee, FL
“Orange Marmalade and Free Bike Rides”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Wow! Emma's Bed and Breakfast is a very relaxing and peaceful place incorporating the very best in hospitality, seclusion, convenience, and accommodations. Angie and Jimmy are fantastic hosts, and the warm breakfasts served on the back porch of the main house while listening to the sounds of nature are unbeatable... french toast with fresh berries and, YES, orange marmalade served with English muffins alongside homestyle scrambled eggs and grits. And, yes, it is so nice to be able to park your car and leave it as you tour the beautiful St. Marys waterfront on a bicycle included with your stay! I can honestly say that I had the best REAL vacation of my life, and I hope to return again soon. Thank you Angie and Jimmy Mock.....

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 402, which had two double beds, a rare find among bed and breakfast establishments...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hosts live on site. B&B is in residential area near the town but probably best to drive into town which has ample free parking. Convenient to use prior to the Cumberland Island tours. They will pack a nice lunch in an insulated lunch bag. Hosts are very friendly. Home has many interesting collections and books.

Room Tip: Room #202 has 2 chairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had the best night sleep in weeks... and breakfast (French toast and berries with coffee) was delicious. The bike ride after breakfast was an unexpected pleasure. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We have all had people in our lives who, no matter the time apart, when the opportunity to reunite comes, it's like you were never apart. That feeling of comfort and being is the feeling of Emma's Bed and Breakfast. From the time you first speak to reserve a room until you have to leave, you are made to feel like you belong. Angie and Jimmy allow you to feel the comfort of their "home" by just being themselves. You feel welcomed and a part of their family. The rooms are more than spacious and comfortable, they have been given loving care by Ansley, their assistant. If you have questions about the sites or maybe a good place to eat, every option is provided for your choice. Breakfast is fantastic! Another guest spoke at breakfast on Friday for anyone to hear, that it was "heaven on a plate" and all agreed!! Angie's own special french toast recipe and her caring placement of each piece of fruit is like your best friend giving you a piece of her heart. This caring couple will go above and beyond any other innkeeper to ensure you have the best possible stay. Please visit and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The location is good because you can walk to the ferry to Cumberland Island, but the good stops there as far as I'm concerned. We had a $119 loft so tight one had to crawl into bed from the end. It was more suitable for a hostel than for a pricy B&B. Management recognized the room was a problem and gave us a little better the next day. Breakfast was the best high-calorie menu that Wal-mart has to offer. I prefer to be positive, but sometimes one has to tell it the way one experienced it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald R
emmasbedandbreakfast, Owner at Emma’s Cottage House, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
First, let me say-Emma's is a true B&B, built as a private home. With that being said some of our rooms are much larger(the master) and some smaller. The cottage building has also been converted to guest rooms. Our prices range from $119(smallest) to $189 (largest). When a reservation is taken, we make sure to explain to our future guest the few "quirky rooms".(our reservation form even has a checkoff that we inital that we have fully explained these rooms to them) The above guest rented their room 4 months in advance. At the time, we had several larger rooms available. We did explain to them that this was a true loft bed. I can only assume that they choose this room because it was our least expensive. The only reason I offered them another room the second night(We were full the first night) was because as senior citizens, I felt they may be more comfortable in a room without the loft.
ANDERSON
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Oh my goodness, I am gushing. This is one of the best B&B experiences that I have had. My husband and I stayed at Emma's on St. Mary's for four nights. We stayed in room 501, which is more of a little bungalow off the back of the property.

I will say, that I was a little nervous when I booked, the person on the phone did not seem very friendly but after reading many reviews of B&B's in the area, I decided to put my worries aside and just see.

WHen we arrived, I still wasn't sure, the proprietress did not seem very friendly. However, I have to say, I came to really like her and found her to be a very friendly person.

On to the room, it was beautiful, really, after climbing the stairs, when you open the door you walk into a nice sitting area with a sofa and a large chair and ottoman. There is a television with a television on top in this space as well. This is a very pretty room that I don't fell that I am describing adequately.

There is a narrow little hallway that leads to a cute little bathroom and then into the cute bedroom. The mattress is so comfortable it is better than my mattress at home, which is hard to beat. The room was so secluded that it was very quiet. We slept well every night that we were there. Even when we were in the room at one in the afternoon, there were no noises that would be distracting or aggravating. On the porch of this little room, there are two comfortable chairs that you can sit outside in and enjoy your surroundings. This room is positioned in such a way that I felt like we were in the trees and that was a great unexpected treat.

Every morning we had really great breakfasts. The first morning was grits, eggs, and country ham(I don't eat pork, for health reasons but my husband loved the ham!). WE also had a really good waffle and then some pretty and tasty french toast. I loved breakfast every morning that we ate it.
As far as cleanliness, I really need a clean environment. I have gone out and bought cleaning products, in the past, when I found housekeeping lacking in a place that I was staying. The definitely not a problem at Emma's everything was very clean. The carpet, the restrooms, everything. You could feel very comfortable in this room.
I love looking for and shopping for antiques and the proprietress gave me some great suggestions of places to go.
We had a mishap with a cooler while we were there and her husband helped me as much as he could, even though he was on his way to work when he came out to see my predicament. I really appreciated him going out of his way to help me. Every day of our trip, I was really glad that we chose to stay there and I would recommend this place to anyone. We don't' travel often and we need to get the most and best quality for our money when we do. I can tell you, that I fell strongly that we got the best at Emma's!

The room was

Room Tip: If you can handle stairs, I recommend room 501. It is in a different building and very quiet. I am s...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This B&B is tucked back just off the main drag of St. Marys on 4 acres -- what a beauty, and SO SO QUIET!! Delightful B&B run by Angie & Jimmy... VERY friendly, warm, genuinely Southern folks! Loved my room... w/very comfortable chairs & ottoman, bed, and a beautiful large soaking tub! So many nice rooms to choose from! Everything was clean every day w/clean towels. Bicycles provided free for riding around this safe seaside town! Owners are very friendly... breakfast was SO delicious (especially the French Toast)!! I needed a place to get away to that was relaxing & stress-free... and this was definitely the right place! I highly recommend staying here for a short or long visit... you will NOT regret it! :-D Looking forward to going back w/a friend in March!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Emma’s Cottage House? Share your experiences!