“Perfect girls day out”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Castleton, New York
“Perfect girls day out”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Loved the place. Little tea pots and cups, Nice little pictures and knick knacks. Evidence of Alice influence. Went with my sister and sister in law. I ordered a chicken crepe with asparagus and mushrooms. ($1 extra for 2 add ins) Came with a cream sauce with herbs adding a complex flavor. Obviously a little indulgence for the waistline but worth it. Soup was potato soup that day which seemed a bit much on top of the crepe so I ordered the salad with their homemade raspberry vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was perfect and the salad fresh with various greens which is what I like. We all finished with a scone. My sister in law absolutely loves these scones and I felt it was made very well but am not into sweets that much and this was very sweet. For beverages, I had the cherry, rose green tea which was delightful and came in its own tea pot with a cozy. My sister in law had the coffee press which was very substantial in a large glass press.
I went back again with my husband and I am slightly embarrassed to say I ordered the exact same thing minus the scone. Loved it equally as well the second time around. I really must force myself to try something different next time. My husband ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich which he said was good. He had troubled holding the little tea cup which came with his Earl Gray Tea and I did have to chuckle. Definitely leans to the females. They also have flavored ice tea, both sweetened and unsweetened to offer and I notice different flavors each time. If it was warmer, I would have tried.
Notice some said service was slow but did not find it to be so on the two times I went. I would suggest coming early as I heard it does crowd up later in the lunch hour.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cinimax

Georgia
“Love Susan and Louise *and their food too*”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have been customers of Mad Hatter since we moved back here in 2001/2002!!
Susan and Louise have always been such wonderful hard working women!! They aim to please and do a great job at it.
When we found out we were being stationed in England I didn't know what I was going to do without my Blueberry tea fix..So I would send them money and have it shipped to me from Mad Hatter!
My favorite sandwich *I don't think I have ever strayed* is the Pastrami and Green Apple! I love this one and it never gets old.
Thank you Susan and Louise for many years of wonderful tea/food/desserts and smiles!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank disfamof3
Woodbine, GA
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Mad Hatter is a great place to go have lunch with the ladies. The food is great, the tea is great, the service is a little slow. I got the tea lunch last time I was there. I had the rosemary chicken sandwich with some kind of glazed walnut salad and it comes with a scone as well. I ate until I was about to pop. It was really good. Passing the dessert case on the way out I had to get a carrot cake cupcake for the road, which was amazing as well. I recommend this place if you have some time to come in, sit, and chat for a while. You may want to make reservations.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank sweetcheeks5825
New York City, New York
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The food here is pretty good for lunch, the service on the other hand was a terrible experience. it also took 2 hrs to serve soup. They hire teenagers to obviously serve and check out the customers. They Prefer a reservation,So When I called to make the reservation whoever answered the phone asked if I was Kidding?? what restaurant does that?? They need to train their employees before trying to serve people food. And not be nasty to paying customers.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kim S
St. Marys, Georgia
“Let's have a tea party”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

great broccoli and cheese soup. actually, all the food was great. quiet, quaint little place. i just wish that it was open on the weekends as well.