“Best lunch in town”

Dining options: Reservations
St. Marys, Georgia
“Best lunch in town”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you love fresh salads, sandwiches, and desserts, you should go to the Mad Hatter Tea Shop! I always get the lunch tea which includes a scone and strawberry jam and fresh whipped cream.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Vicki M

Naxxar, Malta
“Charming and unique”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

On a recent visit to family in Georgia we stopped at the Mad Hatter for lunch. What a delightful place with a very unusual and varied menu. The service was friendly and helpful, the food delicious, fresh and with a big choice.

We love the US but many of the 'chain' restaurants offer too much of the same standard fare so it was lovely to find somewhere with a more individual feel. It is clear that a lot of thought has gone into the menu and a lot of love into the preparation and presentation of the food and drinks.

Our three-year old granddaughter was thrilled to have her lemonade in a small teapot with a pretty china cup and saucer. So much nicer than a plastic tumbler with a straw.

We even bought a nifty device to put in our teapot at home to stop it leaking when pouring out the tea!

We will hopefully be back again next year, but are sure our daughter and family will be visiting again very soon as they live locally.

• Visited March 2014
Albany, New York
“Diva Cupcakes”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is real cute little lunch place with limited hours...but so worth it. We had ordered some cupcakes for our wedding...and these weren't just any ordinary cupcake! I would highly recommend the banana one that had cream and custard? In it...OMG ..whatever it was.. My mouth watered for days after that just thinking about them.. :)

Visited March 2014
kingsland ga
“best food ever”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

i loved living in ga and by far this was my favorite to eat! loved their scones and home made jam! love love love!

• Visited May 2013
Castleton, New York
“Perfect girls day out”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Loved the place. Little tea pots and cups, Nice little pictures and knick knacks. Evidence of Alice influence. Went with my sister and sister in law. I ordered a chicken crepe with asparagus and mushrooms. ($1 extra for 2 add ins) Came with a cream sauce with herbs adding a complex flavor. Obviously a little indulgence for the waistline but worth it. Soup was potato soup that day which seemed a bit much on top of the crepe so I ordered the salad with their homemade raspberry vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was perfect and the salad fresh with various greens which is what I like. We all finished with a scone. My sister in law absolutely loves these scones and I felt it was made very well but am not into sweets that much and this was very sweet. For beverages, I had the cherry, rose green tea which was delightful and came in its own tea pot with a cozy. My sister in law had the coffee press which was very substantial in a large glass press.
I went back again with my husband and I am slightly embarrassed to say I ordered the exact same thing minus the scone. Loved it equally as well the second time around. I really must force myself to try something different next time. My husband ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich which he said was good. He had troubled holding the little tea cup which came with his Earl Gray Tea and I did have to chuckle. Definitely leans to the females. They also have flavored ice tea, both sweetened and unsweetened to offer and I notice different flavors each time. If it was warmer, I would have tried.
Notice some said service was slow but did not find it to be so on the two times I went. I would suggest coming early as I heard it does crowd up later in the lunch hour.

• Visited January 2014