“Good-Old fashion homecooking”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I live in fernandina beach fla. I visit Aunt B's every few months.
I enjoy the food the staff and the company.
I try my best to visit on Saturdays that when they have shrimps
For some down home cooking us must stop by
aunt b's

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The only reason I gave all categories a 1 is because there is no 0 or lower. We used to love to stop in and enjoy good southern cooking but that's not the case anymore. It was nearly $60 for 4 adult lunch buffets on Saturday morning at 1130. The fried and baked chicken was way dry. The mashed potatoes was so watered down that it wasn't funny. The gravy had absolutely no flavor. The shrimp was fried so hard you could barely eat it. And the peach cobbler, oh it was awful. What a shame. It used to be a treat to go eat there but not anymore.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Aunt B's has been one of the restaurants we have enjoyed having lunch. However, this passed friday my wife and I had lunch there. The fish was over cooked.. Like fish jerkey! The fried and baked chicken was very dry. The meat loaf was just OK. We arrived around 11:30 so the meals was not under the lights on the food bar very long. Have you changed cooks?

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I first reviewed Aunt B's 38 months ago. I gave them an excellent rating. Unfortunately, much has changed since then. One of the original owners has left the business.

If you have read all of the preceding reviews, I'm sure you noticed that some loved it and some did not. Here's why.

There is virtually no quality control. That is not to say that they do not use good, wholesome food - they do. However, if you have a dish that is the best you've ever had on say, Thursday, of one week, that same dish may not be anywhere near as good or even seasoned the same the next Thursday. Why?

Because there are no standardized recipes or cooking times or temperatures. The several cooks just do their own thing. I used to love their barbecued ribs on Thursday with baked beans. On one Thursday, the ribs would be better than I've ever had at any barbecue joint and the beans absolutely delicious. The next Thursday, when a different cook got a hold of them, they would be dried out and tough as shoe leather. When that cook was on, the beans were so full of onions, bell peppers, and some God awful seasoning that they would gag a maggot.

On any given day, there is always something good. Alas, not everything is good on any given day, depending on who is cooking.

It's really a shame because Aunt B's was once a local treasure and the gold standard for authentic and consistently delicious Southern cooking. It could be again with proper management.

1  Thank GordoSt_Marys
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Comes recommended by the locals so you know the food is good. Yes, it is fried and heavy but you don't eat it everyday so enjoy! Loved the catfish and fried pork chops. Loads of veggies and a well stocked salad bar. If u leave hungry it's your own fault. Pleasant atmosphere and reasonable prices. Military discounts (retired and active).