“Good choice, nice value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My daughters are both in school in the Dayton area and I have stayed here a number of times when visiting. Rooms are always very clean and staff is always friendly. The property is well-maintained in a good location and it is nice and quiet. Tough to beat for the price you pay - a great value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank BTspfld
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South

Reviewed 18 May 2010

We had a difficult time trying to find a hotel in Dayton that was not overpriced. We finally settled for the Fairfield Inn. This hotel is dated. If you are not going to spend much time at the hotel, then it is not a problem... if you are looking to relax at the hotel and in your room you may want to pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. The staff was courteous.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank armaynard
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I stayed at this place for 5 days and my stay was wonderful. The hotel is very clean and they have maintained it nicely. The room was beautiful, comfortable and cozy. The surrounding is quiet and pleasant. It has indoor swimming pool also. They serve free breakfast. It doesn't have free internet inside the room but you can access it on hotel's computer in lobby area. The ladies at front desk were helpful and check-in/out was easy. It has Quiznos, McDonalds, Car rental and gas station near by.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank iluvtravel28
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We selected this hotel based on the price and free breakfast. It turned out to be a great choice as the rooms were clean and the breakfast was varied enough for picky eaters.
The staff was great, no problem getting a late checkout. The pool and hot tub were nice also.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank GaryJackster
Reviewed 10 November 2008

This hotel was in a convenient location in Dayton where I was staying for two nights. I have family in the area and we only spent evenings there. Check in and check out were both easy. Breakfast was the usual, but they rn out of spray for the waffle machine and the waffles all got stuck. I tried one of those Jimmy Dean sandwiches and it was okay. The area for eating was small.

The biggest issue was that there were preteen boys and their parents all over the hotel. When we entered at night, the parents were standing in the lobby area drinking beers and making it difficult to pass through. Their children were running through the hallway and also having the run of the pool. I might add, that the next morning the pool was closed due to glass being found. I wonder why? I get annoyed by the parents who allow their kids to do this, but also at the hotel management which allowed this. Normally, there are only 1 or 2 workers at night. When the hotel sees a group of kids they should have more on staff.

Because we came home tired, we fell asleep with our tv on easily. The room was clean and comfortable. We expect that with any Marriott hotel and we continue to make those our hotels of choice. Would I stay there again? Yes.

There was a Holiday Inn Express closer to my destination, but they were charging $40 more per night. I got a great value of $76 through the hotel / AAA, but then found a coupon in the travel guide, which saved $6 each night! I'll take it!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank whpiman
Reviewed 27 November 2007

I really liked this place, stayed over the Thanksgiving Holiday, I think the hotel was quite booked. Got the senior rate, only $72, because we were visiting my in laws. The breakfast was great, lots of choices, the waffle was perfect. It was quiet, clean, and had a super nice staff. Clean pool, plenty of towels. Great location, near Dayton Mall. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank julieannmarie
Reviewed 29 July 2007

Nice hotel for the money--stayed here on business in June. Quiet, clean rooms, good parking, and within walking distance to several decent chain restaurants. Staff was helpful, and the continental breakfast was decent. I would stay here again. Internet was cable-only, but really fast.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MI_Bus_Traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
Best Western Plus Dayton South

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South? Share your experiences!