“Better than I expected”

Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln.
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was just there over Labor Day weekend for a youth bowling tournament in Beavercreek. I was very impressed with the renovations to this hotel. The carpet in the hallways was just beautiful. It was a very quiet hotel, bright and clean. Our room was just beautiful, loved the décor. The beds were very comfy. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Felt sorry for the person running the front desk as her help had not yet arrived in the morning when we were getting an early breakfast, but she did an outstanding job of handling all the tasks at hand.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rocksino

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel 6 months ago and was very disappointed with the property. I decided to give it another chance and I was glad I did. They have redone almost all the rooms with new beds, sheets, furnishings, and a fresh coat of paint. What a difference. I will now stay there all the time, as long as they keep the rates reasonable.

Room Tip: All rooms are being upgraded
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James O
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stay at this location when in the Dayton area. The motel is clean and wife enjoys the indoor pool. They are in the process of remodeling. This did cause a minor problem as the first room did not have a hair dryer. We were assigned the next room so moving was easy. As another guest has stated the rooms are quiet.

There are several good restaurants on Miller Lane, this means only a couple of turns coming or going and the road while having traffic is travelled we do not have problems with driving.

The floor employees are extremely friendly and our rooms have always been clean.

Room Tip: I am a smoker, the smoking rooms have always been on second floor, no elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Johnironton
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We chose for location and the positive tripadvisor reviews. Near highway but not on top of it (one of the hotels across the street backed onto the highway and looked noisy). It was surprisingly quiet. We visited on a Saturday night and lobby was packed with a girls softball team but once we closed our door it was quiet. We particularly enjoyed the hot tub and pool being open until midnight. Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room.

I wasn't impressed with breakfast (scrambled eggs were shaped like hamburger patties) but there was enough variety I could find things I liked.

$100 (a little less with AAA discount) does seem a lot for a 2 story motel on a street of motels but it was redecorated inside and I appreciated the trees and bushes that tried to soften the view of parking lots and other hotels. And I guess that is what motels cost.

We liked being on a street with many restaurants and had a good meal at Chinese restaurant recommended on trip advisor, formerly named Mr lee's

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julia I
Reviewed 9 July 2014

first impression was not good. lobby was a little dirty and uninviting. But when we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised. very clean with upscale linens, duvets on the two queen beds. Breakfast is quite good. Something for everyone. Not just donuts and coffee. everything is spot on here. very nice indoor pool, so don't let first impressions deceive you. very nice especially for the price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al N
Benjamin S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln., responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear AL N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Comfort Inn Miller Ln . We're all happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious newly renovated room and new bedding and complimentary breakfast. We appreciate you recommending us to others.
we are going to make changes to the lobby and breakfast area, after we done with our guest rooms and we want to invite you back to see the changes. Please stay with us again on your future travels through the Dayton area.
Again thank you for your feedback!
Kind thanks,
BS

Reviewed 30 March 2014

When I saw the clerk hand the two ladies ahead of us a can of glade I should have ran ! We couldn't use the stair well closest to us as it was closed meaning that being our fire escape was out of order . The fire extinguisher in the hall had the glass broken in it. We found someone's hair on our bathroom vanity the room smelled and was poorly vacuumed. We couldn't use the dead bolt on the door . If it wasn't for the fact that the bed sheets were nice and clean I would say new ( the duvet had now cover on it ) and we had been travelling for 8 hours we would have left. The next morning we saw the cleaning woman spraying the carpet in one of the rooms with a bottle of something .She immediately stopped when we passed her and looked like we caught her doing something we were not supposed to see! There were several rooms doors proper open with the sheets and duvets off the beds . I refused to eat the free breakfast after all this . This hotel should be closed DISGUSTING !

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Judy K
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've stayed at a number of Comfort Inns in recent months, and have been somewhat spoiled by having them all be newer properties. Well, if you're looking for an old school CI, this is it. Good location near the freeway, but that's the high point. The property itself is in need of an overhaul to be brought in line with the standards set by newer CI properties. It just has that "someone smoked here, but we've covered it up with a mountain of air freshener with the hope that you won't notice" feel to it. You can't beat the price- but you get what you pay for, too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple