“Excellent visit”

Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
College Station, Texas
“Excellent visit”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week while he attended a meeting at the convention center. We had a corner room - - excellent lighting for my sewing projects while he was in meetings and a beautiful view. Yes, the bathroom is small and dimly lit, but the room was spacious. The hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was exceptional. We ordered breakfast delivered our first morning and it arrived right on time. Our housekeeper, Alma, was a delight - she made sure we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Matt and Richard at the front desk were also especially accommodating and pleasant to deal with.

We only had one complaint and it was not the hotel's fault. There is really only one restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. When the conference ended each evening that restaurant & the hotel restaurant were swamped. Fortunately we were able to drive to another area to eat, but it was a problem for some of the older conference attendees.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 11th floor facing the memorial fountain. I could see it each hour and w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kris D, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself at the Crowne Plaza while they were attending your convention. It was a pleasure to host your group! We are anxiously awaiting any future travels into Dayton in the future! Thank you so much for your feed back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here for three nights and was pleasantly surprised at everything that the hotel had to offer. The room was spacious and the beds were incredibly comfortable, with the view being nice for Dayton. Bathrooms were a bit small but, hey, it's a hotel, not the Queen's palace. The rooftop restaurant had a great view and a nice atmosphere, not to mention the delicious food. Stayed on the 9th floor, which had a club lounge and was a nice place to grab an appetizer/drink before dinner. The staff, especially the management, were all friendly and very helpful when I asked for sights to see around Dayton and places to go. I have stayed in many hotels for business. As for Dayton, OH, the Crowne Plaza was not a disappointment whatsoever!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Natalie V
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Natalie V,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took the opportunity to see some of the special things to do while you were here in Dayton. Our staff is great at delivering service and information. And as you noted, we get a lot of compliments on our staff. We appreciate your review and hope you will be staying with us again in the future.
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here once for work due to some really expensive hotels in the area on the particular night I was in town. I tend to not stay at Priority Club properties (Hilton and Marriott) not because of the quality of the stay but because the rewards just aren't as good. This was a great stay and somewhere I'd consider staying at again. Crowne Plaza seems to have done a really nice job of upgrading their ameneties and perks at the hotels. The parking here is a little confusing and it takes forever to get from the self-parking to the lobby and there's no easy way to get there or get bags downstairs in some places. Front stay was helpful, even when I needed to come back downstairs because the room I was originally given had a smokey smell to it.

The restaurant on the top floor was probably the highlight. I had a couple of drinks up there that evening and the atmosphere was real nice. Breakfast the next day was delicious and came quickly, which I needed that particular morning. I didn't get a chance to walk around downtown so I don't know what's down there or good places to hang out but I'm sure others on the site will know more.

Overall, my stay was good. I travel a lot in Indiana and Ohio for work and this is the best Priority Club hotel I've stayed at in these areas. Good Work!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nate M,
We appreciate you stopping by Trip Advisor to give us your great reveiw. The next time you are in the area and visiting the Crowne Plaza Dayton, please know that you can check in with your bags from our parking area in front of the hotel. This is much more convenient and we have valet and bellman to serve you. Or you can self park and then once you are checked in you can move your car to the parking garage. We are glad you enjoy your IHG Rewards and hope to see you again in the future.

Lewistown, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2013

9/21/2012

Bed Bugs found in room by my 6 year old! Don't stay here. They acted like it was no big deal. I did get a refund. Horrible! Steer clear of this hotel! Bed Bug registry reports that I am not the only one who has had issues at this hotel. Be leery of all hotels on bed bug registry!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear 31Queen,
First and foremost it should be noted that this WAS an isolated incident in September of 2012 and has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of The Crowne Plaza Dayton. Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is NOT a bed bug problem at The Crowne Plaza Dayton.
Regarding the incident in question the room was immediately taken out of service; a staff evaluation was conducted, followed by a thorough professional examination. It was not until management was 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory.
Please accept our sincerest apology and assurance that this is not a problem at our hotel. As has been reported by several media outlets, it has become a common problem in the US for all hotel and public places. Hotels are particularly vulnerable to bed bugs because of the steady stream guests arriving with clothing and luggage that is in contact with others who may be carrying the insect.

Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2013

On a whim, my boyfriend and I decided to spend the night in Dayton and enjoy the CityFolk music festival on 6/30/13. We "stumbled" upon the crowne plaza. Initially, we were given keys to a conference room on e 12th floor. The front desk attendant quickly gave us another room, which was clean and spacious with a cool view. Check in and out was easy. Parking was convenient. Service was great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear KaraGoodyear,
Thank you for leaving us your comments on Trip Advisor. "Clean, convenient, easy check in and out with accommodating staff' is just what we're going for! We also have an Ultimate Party Package so the next time you feel like having some more fun on a whim, come join us again. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and the music festival.

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I came to Dayton for a science symposium back in May and I found this hotel to be very convenient to the symposium (which was in the Dayton Convention Center) as there is a skywalk connecting the Convention Center to the hotel. The room had a nice view of downtown Dayton, and everything was clean and comfortable. The food that was catered to us from the hotel was very good, and breakfast each morning was delicious! I didn't get to spend much time in downtown Dayton or the surrounding areas, so if I come back, I'll definitely stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear TheBGRTraveler ,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We really enjoyed hosting the students for the symposium. Should you have the opportunity to visit us again, you should visit the Carrillon Historical Park. It contains the history of all the world changing innovation that came from the Dayton area. The Crowne Plaza Dayton appreciates your business and hope to have you as our guest in the future!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

If business takes you to Dayton for an extended stay don't despair. That is if can conduct your business downtown. If not then go ahead and despair because the rest of Dayton is vanilla usa nothing-land. The crowne was a good place to stay with comp. Parking in a mostly-vacant deck connected by a covered skywalk. The staff were all quite friendly but I didn't need much. The convenience store was sparse but has your V-8 juice and what-all. I was a little bummed no microwave in the room. The fridge was cold. There is a penthouse restaurant that is passable but overpriced. What else is new. The surrounding neighborhood appeared safe and there is a cobblestone street right outside the door with a few interesting bars, restaurants. The fashionable neighborhood with the top restaurants was a short easy drive 2 or three turns. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and the curtains blocked the light well. I was out the door at about $110 in June. I'd stay there again no question.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Michael W
We appreciate your review and we're glad to hear you enjoyed many things about your stay. The next time you return, we would be glad to provide you with a microwave, just inquire at the front desk. The Crowne Plaza Dayton is within walking distance of many venues such as the Dayton Dragons Minor League Baseball Team, the Schuster Center, Neon Movies, the Ballet and vairous other things. Come visit again!