“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Crowne Plaza Dayton
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip and was very pleased with the accomodations and service. The room was well appointed and the location is great. The hotel is close to the Oregon district which is very interesting, full of great shops and restaurants - even a movie theater. The only downside for me was that I was unable to use my free breakfast because it did not include room service. I am not much of a morning person and it takes me longer to get it in gear in the am. Because of this room service is usually a much better option for me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jennlandau
Kris D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear jennlandau,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza. I am so glad that you were pleased with the service, accommodations, and location. I am sorry, however, that you were unable to have the breakfast experience you desired during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Dayton.

Michael Larson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

While staying at Crown Plaza in Downtown Dayton, our hotel experience was marred by the fact that we were "imprisoned" and could not exit ABM parking which is used by the hotel. This incident made us late for my husbands job interview (what a first impression!)
After calling the hotel we were told it was not their responsibility. Our validated parking ticket would not open the automated gate and kept on being returned to us by the malfunctioning machine. After several trials we tried the second exit with same results! There was no attendant on duty to help us! After a length of time being "imprisoned" and late for the interview if it wasn't for another car coming through we would have been stuck for I don't know how long! Bad PR for Crown Plaza Hotel!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Dziunka5,

I sincerely apologize for your negative experience with the parking garage that our hotel utilizes. ABM is the company that manages the garage and we work very closely to ensure these problems do not occur. In the future, there is a grey call button on the machine that you can press if the ticket malfunctions. This button will force the gate to open automatically. Thank you for providing us with your feedback so we can work with ABM to make improvements for our guests.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Dayton to visit family. Ordinarily, we stay in a hotel in a suburb, but this visit we were going to a Dragons game. This hotel is walking distance to the stadium, so it was a good choice for us. The price was ok. The room was above average. The front desk staff was very friendly. There was a wedding reception on Saturday night, which meant that a lot of people apparently spent the night as well. We weren't bothered by the noise, but we were bothered in the morning when we couldn't get a luggage cart, despite waiting for 20 minutes. The pool is outdoors and you have to actually leave the hotel to enter the pool area, which I found strange and inconvenient with kids. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning. The buffet was decent, with a nice omlet station, but I'm used to getting more options for that price. Overall, the stay was decent and we appreciated the convenience of being near the Dragons game, but it wasn't so nice that we would stay here again unless we need to be downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ohiogirl00
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Ohiogirl00,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Dayton for your last visit. I am glad the location was convenient for the activities you had planned during your stay. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff is friendly and helpful to our guests as well. Please accept my apology for our luggage carts being unavailable. I am sorry that you found the buffet pricing too expensive and the pool location inconvenient. We hope you will reconsider your decision to stay with us again so we are able to show you the benefits of staying at our property

Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My company has had meeting room space here for the last 6 or 8 weeks. The staff here is outstanding. They go out of their way to make everything go smoothly. Special thanks to Brent, Steven and their crew for helping us so much. I left for over a week for vacation, and one of the valets said when he saw me "welcome back". When I commented on his memory, he said he remembers all of his regulars.

1 Thank John F
Dear John F,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel as well as our staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were treated so well by our staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We recently held our meeting at the Crowne Plaza Dayton Hotel and cannot say enough wonderful things about the management and staff of this property. Although we work on a minimal budget, we were always treated with the upmost respect and consideration. Each day we received white glove treatment from everyone on staff and more importantly, they took very good care of our meeting attendees. The staff came very early and stayed very late to accommodate our room set ups and change overs. The chef and staff at the rooftop restaurant (View 162) were very accommodating, even on short notice. All of the hotel's management and staff would check in with us quite frequently to ensure we were happy with the service and to see if we needed anything. We look forward to having more meetings at the Crowne Plaza Dayton and would highly recommend this facility!! Thank you to everyone on staff for outstanding service and making it a pleasurable experience.
Booz Allen Hamilton
Janet and Ashley

1 Thank Janet M
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Janet and Ashley,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza. We appreciate your kind words. Our staff works very hard to ensure guest satisfaction. I am delighted to hear that the staff took great care of you and was able to accommodate your needs. We look forward to hosting your meetings in the future!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff at this hotel have been great during my visits. The hotel is perfectly situated downtown and provides easy access to everywhere in Dayton. The Club level rooms are quiet and the lounge is great. The garage parking provided is a great perk as well. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: I have stayed on just about every floor in the hotel and the rooms are great on all levels.
1 Thank robertshuber
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Robertshuber,

It is excellent to know that you received quality treatment by our staff at the Crowne Plaza. We strive to provide outstanding service to our guests. I am glad to hear that you found our location and parking garage convenient during your visit. We look forward to your return!

Piggott, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I want to say thank you to Jonny and James in Valet. I had a trip to the airport for a flight that was later cancelled so I had to call the shuttle to take me back to the hotel. Both drivers were extremely courteous and thoughtful and made what was a challenging evening more pleasant. Jonny made sure I had transportation the next morning even though the shuttle wasn't running. I can't adequately describe what their thoughtfulness and responsiveness meant to me but I can say that if every employee in my travels were like James and Jonny it would be a pleasure!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracy C
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Tracy C,

I appreciate your positive feedback of your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton. I am overwhelmed when reading your comments about the staff. They work very hard and I am so happy to hear they were able to accommodate your needs and make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to your return.