“Exceeds Expectations”

Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Dayton, Ohio
“Exceeds Expectations”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

This hotel has everything you need plus the staff is very accomodating. Misty and Brad really go out of their way to exceed your expectations. I have stayed at this hotel for an extended period of time and was initially surprised at how clean and comfortable the rooms were. A new sleeper couch, new bedding, and a full-size kitchen have made my stay enjoyable. Also, the hotel is very safe with adequate lighting and secure entrances. There are also many restaurants and stores within walking distance to the hotel. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dawn, thank you so much for giving us a glowing review! We really appreciate it. We are so glad your family decided to stay with us, and I'm happy to hear we made a home away from home for you all. As always please let us know if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Southern California
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

If you need a kitchen and you don't want to spend a ton of money, this might be right for you. My husband and I were in town for 11 nights recently and after quite an on-line exploration, chose this location. We ended up changing our original reservation to the "deluxe" which has the queen sized bed (which was pretty hard!) in its own part of the space, allowing for a living room type of arrangement as well - nice to come home to after intense work days). Great to have full kitchen, altho just very basically equipped. We brought our own coffee and had to buy those junior coffee filters - and salt and pepper! - at Target the first morning.
There was little need to interact with staff but when we did they were pleasant and helpful.
We REALLY appreciated the fact that it was not sitting right on the main road, but yet was extremely accessible. Its location to the south of city Dayton was actually good because it gave us a chance to see a lot more of the surrounding areas and yet was still only a few minutes drive.
You probably need to note they provide no toiletries, room is not cleaned but once a week (can pay small fee for additional cleaning), and you can exchange linen/towels for fresh any time you wish.
Many, many - mostly chain - restaurants nearby, as well as the expansive Dayton Mall - all within walking distance if you choose. We particularly enjoyed the locally-owned Amar Indian restaurant (delicious), just a hop away, and there was even a Starbuck's "right there".
All in all, this Extended Stay met our needs very well. We appreciated returning to our "home-away-from-home" every night.

• Stayed November 2012
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
We are so glad you gave us a review, it is greatly appreciated. I just wanted to let you know for your future stays that we do provide most toiletries for your connivance at the front desk. I apologize that we didn't inform you of this upon check in. Again thanks for your review and we hope to be of service to you in the future.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I am a traveling healthcare worker and I change town every thirteen week. Last year I stayed in Marriotts. I was expensive. I have changed to Extended Stay America's. The staff is extremly helpful...from housekeeping to front desk. I am saving money and the staff is helpful. I will be using EXTENDED STAY AMERICA from now on and would highly recommend the service you get at Dayton South.

Room Tip: I am handicapped and the have an door in the back so that you don't have to climbstairs. This ma...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
more for less money"
Thank you so much for the great review you gave our hotel. We are so glad you decided to stay with us from now on. It's good to hear that we made your stay enjoyable and we really appreciate you recommending us to others. Thanks again for taking time to write a review for us.

"super "deal" for a place with a kitchen!"
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Staff was super nice, check in was smooth. The full kitchen is so nice to have. Also liked being able to pay with cash. Air worked great, water pressure was strong with lots of hot water. Good location for south Dayton. Didn't eat around here but several choices.

• Stayed November 2012
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Thank you so much for your review, I am so glad that the staff was great and that you enjoyed the room as well a the location. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2012

These are real people. Doing a fabulous job.

The room was clean. So clean. Clean enough that I walked around barefoot. Clean enough that when I wiped up a dinner spill from the kitchen floor, the paper towel showed only the traces of the spill and no black residue from the last person's shoes. The clean didn't stop at the room, either, it extended all the way down the hall and into the laundry room. The washers and driers were immaculate - - I stuck my head in to check! All around, this place was well cared for. I've stayed at much pricier downtown hotels that creeped me out with the stains in the carpet.

Thank you Extended Stay America! When I need to feel at home, I'll return again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that property was cleaner then some more expensive hotels. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
Tennessee
Reviewed 25 October 2012

All staff members were very courteous. I was on the 3rd floor with no elevator but it really wasn't a big problem. The room was very clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Only problem I encountered was when I turned the heat on the smoke alarm went off. The front desk said it was dust burning off the heating element and it would stop soon and it did. I would not hesitate staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room if you have problems climbing stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TennesseeZeke
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your positive review______. It's great to hear that you had a great weekend s tay_. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have stayed at Extended Stay in various cities across the US and must say that Extended Stay America - Dayton South was the best and most enjoyable with genuine hospitality, prompt and kind service, and friendly atmosphere. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, especially my traveling friends, and hope that you will get to meet Arletta, Misty, and the rest of the wonderful employees servicing this particular location. Room was clean, all facilities sanitary and more than adequate. All shopping and dining within a stone's throw. I plan to stay there every time I visit the Dayton area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerry A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Jerry - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our entire staff, especially Arletta and Misty. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.