“Felt like a home away from home!”

Extended Stay America - Dayton - South
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This hotel was exactly what we needed for my husbands Brain Radiation. It was clean, loved having a kitchen to meet his ever changing appetite, close to the hospital, staff was very friendly and helpful!! Misty was great at helping us to get the best deal for our almost 2 week stay, which included us being able to go home for weekend and leave our stuff in the room to return on Monday like we had never left! This was such a relief for us! We had an end room which was big and felt like an apartment. It was quiet and convenient to stores or anything else we needed. 10 minutes from Miami Valley South where we needed to be everyday. I did think the pet fee was a little steep, so we weren't able to bring our beloved digs with us, but that was probably a blessing in disguise! I would definitely stay there again if we have to go back for any length of time!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank victricia
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay! It's always satisfying to read good feedback from our valued guests, like you. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repaet your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels

Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is such a clean hotel and the staff is very friendly. Especially the front desk clerk Brandon. You can't beat the price considering your room is like a small apartment. If your going to the Dayton Ohio area stay here you won't regret it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I will have to say, I used the reviews from this website to sway me from cancelling my reservations at RESIDENCE INN to try this place. Needless to say, it is a "you get what you pay for" establishment. It wasn't a bad stay, it just wasn't what I was used to as in feeling 'at home'. The hotel is very dated, and needs an upgrade all around. I think if that happened, 'my' review would probably have been better. Again, if you are going and are used to an average sleeping room, then by all means, this is where you should go, however, if you are used to a feeling of 'at home', then maybe you need to look elsewhere, and pay a bit more for that feeling.

Also, I will be contacting the establishment, as I had a discount that DID NOT take off once my card for charged, so I will expect that experience to be painless.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DCDC

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I wanted to make sure you received the $11.30 refund back on your credit card that was posted at check out, if not please give us a call back. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Great staff and Nice rooms. I stayed in the one and only 1 bed room apartment. Not sure how the other rooms are. Try to get the apartment. The Breakfast is a little silly, but you can make you own in your kitchen. The coffee is great in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

It was so nice to hear from you. Thank you for this kind review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to being your 'home away from home' for the next visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I chose this hotel based on the positive reviews in Tripadvisor. Just wanted to confirm, it lived up to the positive opinions... The counter person was extremely helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. Overall, well worth the money, will be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lvw
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

I would like to personally thank you for your kind words in your review. We are so glad you chose us and took the time to tell others about your experience!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have stayed here thrice and found it pretty comfortable and contented during each stay. This is right next to the Dayton Mall and has pretty good dining options within a radius of 0.5 mile. Location wise, it was pretty short commute to my office on the Innovation Drive.

I got a pretty good deal and I would recommend this as it pretty much worth the price for a hotel with Kitchen with ample parking space. Lissy was outstanding at the frontdesk. She was pretty receptive and accommodative on my requests.

House cleaning staff made sure I had no complaints whatsoever as far as cleanliness is concerned.

Room Tip: Rooms on the firstfloor on the backside are relatively quieter. Since there is parking space on the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kalyan C
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

I want to give you my personal thanks for giving us a good review. Im am so glad that we have made a lasting impression on you and you will continue to stay here with us at Dayton South. Please let me know next time you are in town, as always we love to have you here.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

My stay here at Extended stay was great. The staff was very helpful and kind. The room and facility itself was clean and comfortable better then any hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff went out of there way to make sure I had everything I needed. I would highly recommend this Extended Stay.

Robin

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin R
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

I want to personally thank you for giving us a review on Trip Advisor. I know your super busy and I just want you to know that we appreciate it! You were here for quite some time so Im glad because it sounds like we made a great lasting impression on you. Thanks also for recommending us to others! Please let us know next time you are in town we would love to have you again!