“great place to stay”

Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
West Carrollton, Ohio
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

the staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean... I would stay here again! The queen size bed was very comfortable to sleep in. The grab and go breakfast was convenient for guests in a hurry!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sweeper2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I work in Dayton and live in Cincinnati and stayed at last minute last night due to inclement weather. The room is clean with nice amenities; none of the issues mentioned in earlier posts. Most definitely a GREAT value!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank macandoscar
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stay away. I was in this hotel for 4 weeks. The police was here almost every day as well as the fire and rescue. The walls are paper thin with the a interesting guest clientele. Management staff was the worst. Avoid this hotel. With the thousand of hotels that I have been in over the past twenty eight years, this one is one of the worst in service, personnel, and no class. Please avoid this dump. The hallway trash can overflow with the trash the entire time. It smelled and rude employees. The management staff was even worst than the unfriendly staff. PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL. Do not mistake the location near the mall that this hotel is okay. Multiple police cars was the normal here and this was on a day to day basis during the morning, noon and night. My best guest that I have been in 80 difference cities and four continents and this hotel ranks one of the worst. I would advise that anyone go to some other hotel and pay the difference. This hotel offers the under the bottom of the barrel in service, by management and overall my top 5 of my worst hotels in the world. About other things, the television is terrible with only getting very few channels. I went to management and ask for a change and I was insulted by my response of 'LIVE WITH IT OR GO'. Very low grade and class hotel. For the thousand of readers of my reviews. PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL AND PAY THE FEW DOLLARS DIFFERENCE AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. The best thing about this hotel was me leaving.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank WorldTraveler19999
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I spent a night on the ground floor in a smoky smelling non smoking unit and they cheerfully changed me to a much better unit on the 2nd floor the next day. My room was kinda updated. The fit and finish left something to be desired but I was more than happy there. I think this was a Crossland suites before which was Extended Stay's economy level. I think when they update this place things will be much better. My stay was fine and quiet. Just avoid the ground floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor if you are a non smoker.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am very happy to see that we were able to get you to one of our better rooms right away. However, I am very sorry that you experienced the smokiness you reported in the first place. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to be more proactive about making certain that our nonsmoking rooms are better maintained as nonsmoking.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at rdawson@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Canton, OH
Reviewed 6 September 2013

There were 13 head hairs on the sheets along with THREE other hairs from lower parts of the body. I slept in my clothes on top of the bed. When I arrived I changed into a pair of new, white sox- they were BLACK when I left the next morning. There were three dollar store dryer sheets layed on top of the aircondtioner filter and the A/C was running when I arrived. The place smelled like a cheap house of ill repute. The carpet was so filthy that my new sox actually stuck to the carpet. There was a LARGE HAIR OIL stain on the easy chair- clearly visible. Part of the ceiling paint had peeled off over the shower. There was no shampoo in the bath- not even a little tear-open packet.
Do yourself a favor- AVOID this PLACE!!

Room Tip: Rooms NOT facing the parking lot (the EVEN numbered rooms) are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Rob G
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness and maintenance issues that you described are completely unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I met with the staff and we will pay closer attention to the condition of the room and clean the items you reported to ensure that the issues you addressed are not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rdawson@extendedstay.com. I also would like you to know that I reversed the night's charges back to your credit card and would like to offer you a certificate for a future stay at our hotel, I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Once again, thank you for the feedback you provided to us.
Glasgow, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The first time we had a really nice room. Make sure you check your room before you move your things into it. They put us in room #210. There was a huge water stain on the ceiling and the floor was ripped, stained and really dirty. I hated to walk with bare feet. I wish we would have looked at the room first. I know it was a holiday weekend, but really, shut this room down and clean it up. How hard is it to paint and change the carpet. Did I mention that the carpet was TERRIBLE. The staff was nice and it was a good location for us.

Room Tip: Check all the web sites for the best value. Check your room first before you move in.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NancyO1950
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you had such a bad experience, I will work with my facilities personnel to get the issues you reported corrected . Please accept my apology. I am going to have the maintenance engineer fix that ceiling and clean the carpets to ensure that these issues do not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at rdawson@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Davison
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Full kitchen, recliner, lots of pillows, good coffee and a friendly staff. (Oh and GREAT air conditioning!) The entire grounds were super clean. In a nice, safe neighborhood but right near a mall, and every type of restaurant you could imagine - but super quiet. As a matter fact it was so quiet I opened the window in the morning and it sounded like I was outside the city.

Breakfast is what they call "grab and go". It consists of different coffees and creamers, tea, instant oatmeal, apples and oranges, prepackaged muffins, granola bars, and so on. When we travel we like to get on the road early so this type of breakfast is perfect for us. If you want a sit down breakfast, you have several restaurants in the neighborhood to choose from.

We were finding rooms in the area to be around $100 a night plus tax, so we were very pleased, but skeptical, when we found this one for $84 complete. But it was a hidden jewel for sure and I would absolutely stay here again, without a moment's hesitation!

• Stayed August 2013