“New and clean”

TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This was my first time staying at a Towne Place Suites. I only spent one night--but I thought it was great. The rooms are clean and the place feels very new. I've stayed at the Courtyard very close to this Towne Place Suites before. While the courtyard is nice, the towne place suites is much newer.

Great location near the Dayton airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AndrewBVA

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member and consider myself a Marriott brand champion. I love their hotels, regardless of star level, and usually rave about the consistency of the service I receive at the Marriott hotels at which I stay. On a recent stay at the TownePlace Suites, I was very disappointed. As someone who loves Marriott, I'm offended that this place carries that brand. We've stayed at this property several times before and have noticed it has gone downhill over the past few stays.

I was traveling with a family member who has mobility issues and one of the elevators was broken and no first floor rooms were available. The only rooms available on any floor were on the opposite end of the hotel from the elevator, making it challenging for my family member to leave the hotel to visit family. Things break, I get that. But, the front desk staff, while friendly, had no idea when the elevator would be fixed. Our grandmother is in hospice so we plan to stay in town for awhile. We booked three nights initially and had planned to renew, but this hotel is so unkempt, we've moved on to the Quality Inn and Suites next door.

Current maintenance issues that affected our stay include:
A broken elevator
A broken washing machine
An out of order waffle maker in the breakfast area
A broken toaster in the breakfast area (when I asked if they had a backup toaster, she said that was the backup toaster.)
Two lamps in our suite had burned out lightbulbs and we actually had to go to the front desk to get new ones ourselves
Missing lightbulbs in the dining room/kitchen multi-light fixture
A broken TV on one of the two treadmills in the fitness room

One or two of these things would be fine, but the totality of this this suggests significant quality control and maintenance issues. It's very unfortunate that this Marriott-branded hotel is in such sorry shape. As a loyal customer, I'm disappointed that we had to leave and move to a new, non-Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The room we checked into, didn't meet our expectations. So with a quick call to the front desk, we were switched to a larger suite at no extra charge.

Room was clean and comfortable. Great value! Near every type of restaurant you can imagine.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cort M
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Been making the trek to Dayton for a meeting every May at the Hara Arena. Years ago used to stay either out in Fairborn (a long drive) or downtown (traffic and not good place to be at night). Over the last decade a lot of hotels and restaurants have popped up in northeast Dayton around Miller Ln. I've tried a number of them - and the last couple of years have settled on the TownePlace Suites on Maxton Rd. While this is clearly intended to be an extended stay accommodation when I've stayed here they clean the rooms daily like a normal hotel. They also serve a free free breakfast like most of the low to mid range Marriotts do.

The hotel is in a great location - unlike other properties that are near the Interstate (24 hour road noise) this one is actually set back further west than Miller and VERY quiet.

This year booked a two bedroom suite which shares a common bathroom and has a small living and dining area plus kitchenette. Check-in was quick and simple. Suite was spotless and cleaned daily. While not extravagant breakfast was adequate for our needs. We'll be back again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vb22
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We brought three SUVs full of Color Guard Performers from Bloomington Indiana. From the moment we stepped into the facility everything was timely, professional, and clean. Breakfast was fresh and organized. Rooms where spacious, I stayed in a suite, and very clean. Staff on hand were curtious and always asking how we were doing and if we need anything. We used the food prep area to feed the team and they accomidated with no questions.

Excellent place to stay. Close Resturants, Easy access to the Interstate, Walmart down the road with extended stay kitchen areas available. I would definetly stay here again.
Good Job, Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Get the suite if your staying as a family. Plenty of Room, kitchen and living area. Hell, I could...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank shawn c
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that we've provided a great experience to another one of our guests! We work very hard here at the hotel to hire and train individuals with great customer service skills. They are truly what makes this hotel special. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Relatively new. Clean. Welcoming. Reasonable rates. Just north of town (12-15 minutes to UD or downtown). Surrounded by restaraunt (chain) options. Great rates. Helpful staff. This will be our "go to" option in Dayton in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so pleased that with all of the options in the area, you gave our property a try. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to becoming your first choice when traveling to the Dayton area!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Had a very nice stay in Dayton for the World Guard International finals. Staff was very friendly and accomodating and the rooms looked like they had just been renovated and were in very nice shape. Happy to stay there again next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends