“Clean, Comfortable Rooms, Average Staff”

TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Manchester, Missouri
“Clean, Comfortable Rooms, Average Staff”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel is tucked behind some other hotels off the main road which provided for a quite stay. The hotel itself is very clean with nice rooms and comfortable beds. The fixtures were up to date and modern. My only concern was with the hotel staff at check in. I booked my stay under a promo the hotel was running which provided you with a gift card to Scene 75, local entertainment center. I had 2 other co-workers with me that had the same promo for their room. We checked in and the hotel staff mentioned that they were out of the gift cards and that they would need to mail the cards to us. This never happened and I have tried several times through the front desk manager (Sheila S.) to follow up but still no gift cards. Why run a promotion if you are not going to support it. This is not a huge deal but it shouldn't be that hard to follow through on this. My past several trips in town, I have stayed at other local hotels. If you are just booking a normal rate room, no problems I am sure but hopefully they are not running promos like this going forward.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I am so sorry this was your experience. I am new to the property and of course was not here when you stayed last year. Please contact me at the hotel and I will definately look into this and make it right. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend in a 1BR suite. The suite had a separate sleeping area and a living area with a sofa-bed and Kitchenette which was nice for storing drinks and snacks and making quick meals. Check-in was very very quick and pleasant. The hotel is in the back corner of commercial "strip" right at the intersection of Interstates 70 & 75. Its tucked back in behind a Cracker Barrel and doesn't have as much signage as many of its surrounding properties. I typically stay at the Residence Inn in Troy, OH when in the Dayton area but since that hotel was booked I found this to be a suitable and cheaper alternative.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback about your stay. We are so glad you were able to enjoy some quiet time while staying at our facility. I hope you will come back and see us soon during your next visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Very convenient to highway but very quiet. Staff was great - property was very clean - internet service was excellent - plenty of parking - food was typical of this level of hotel - would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Due to severe weather in the East Coast, my wife, daughter and I recently ended up trying to "escape from Ohio", and booked an unplanned stay at the TownePlace Suites after our flights were cancelled. I used my Marriott Rewards membership, the rate was good, and the suite had plenty of space (two bedrooms), but there were a few issues. Although I can't call it dirty, the bathroom had some mold and mildew that could easily have been cleaned up. The room was also showing some wear and tear that could also have been easily fixed, or replaced. We were in the last room at the end of the hall on the north side and there was also no WiFi. The TownePlace is in the middle of nowhere tucked in behind the Cracker Barrel at the end of a street lined with other hotels and restaurants. The street is really busy, and its not the best place to travel on foot (we ended up staying after turning in our rental car at the airport, and having our flight cancelled). Most of the taxi drivers were not sure where it was, and it's not well labelled from the street, which I found odd with the number of other well marked Marriott properties within view. The complimentary breakfast was very limited, and more of a grab and go. The seating area was also really really hot, in fact on the morning we departed it was cooler outside despite being in the middle of a 90+ degree week. I would probably choose another one of the many Marriott properties in the area if I were to return to Dayton.

Room Tip: Get a two bedroom suite if possible
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom_the_Sad_Sailor01
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This was my first time staying at a Towne Place Suites. I only spent one night--but I thought it was great. The rooms are clean and the place feels very new. I've stayed at the Courtyard very close to this Towne Place Suites before. While the courtyard is nice, the towne place suites is much newer.

Great location near the Dayton airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AndrewBVA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member and consider myself a Marriott brand champion. I love their hotels, regardless of star level, and usually rave about the consistency of the service I receive at the Marriott hotels at which I stay. On a recent stay at the TownePlace Suites, I was very disappointed. As someone who loves Marriott, I'm offended that this place carries that brand. We've stayed at this property several times before and have noticed it has gone downhill over the past few stays.

I was traveling with a family member who has mobility issues and one of the elevators was broken and no first floor rooms were available. The only rooms available on any floor were on the opposite end of the hotel from the elevator, making it challenging for my family member to leave the hotel to visit family. Things break, I get that. But, the front desk staff, while friendly, had no idea when the elevator would be fixed. Our grandmother is in hospice so we plan to stay in town for awhile. We booked three nights initially and had planned to renew, but this hotel is so unkempt, we've moved on to the Quality Inn and Suites next door.

Current maintenance issues that affected our stay include:
A broken elevator
A broken washing machine
An out of order waffle maker in the breakfast area
A broken toaster in the breakfast area (when I asked if they had a backup toaster, she said that was the backup toaster.)
Two lamps in our suite had burned out lightbulbs and we actually had to go to the front desk to get new ones ourselves
Missing lightbulbs in the dining room/kitchen multi-light fixture
A broken TV on one of the two treadmills in the fitness room

One or two of these things would be fine, but the totality of this this suggests significant quality control and maintenance issues. It's very unfortunate that this Marriott-branded hotel is in such sorry shape. As a loyal customer, I'm disappointed that we had to leave and move to a new, non-Marriott hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The room we checked into, didn't meet our expectations. So with a quick call to the front desk, we were switched to a larger suite at no extra charge.

Room was clean and comfortable. Great value! Near every type of restaurant you can imagine.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business