“Great Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Champaign, Illinois
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. We were in the area for a large concert that took place the same weekend. We really liked this hotel. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the a/c worked great, and there was plenty of room. Every room has a decent size kitchen which is nice even if only staying a few nights. The room was also very quiet. We were in room 120 which isn't far from the lobby.The free breakfast included biscuits and gravy, other breads, make your own giant waffles, cereals, juice, milk, and boiled eggs. In the lobby there was always fruit, cold water and coffee available. Check in and out was easy. There is a lot of chain restaurants in the area as well as a Wal Mart. It is easy to find right off the interstate. There are a lot of other hotels in the area Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anurse4you2
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you in the very near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Francisco
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here with the ice skating team during nationals. Clean room. Decent continental breakfast for the price.

Got one of jackets stolen from the room. We had other things locked in the suitcases but could not think about packing everything into our suitcases every morning and locking them.

Hotel was understaffed and everything too very long including cleaning of the rooms. They were not caring much either.

Room Tip: Pick a room from another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Please contact me at the hotel, so I can look into this. I am new to the Property but definately this is extremly important to us at the TownePlace Suites. I hope to hear from you very soon.
Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I'm not having much luck with air conditioning units. This hotel's in-room air unit was very loud. Luckily I didn't really need it so I was able to shut it off.

This was just a one night stay, but I found the room to be in good condition. The blackout curtain worked well. A clean room and looked to be new.

Check-in and check-out were smooth.

I was not very impressed with the free breakfast. No HB eggs. Coffee was unremarkable but a good selection of fruit.

The cab fare from the airport was $22 with tip. Make sure you have the address and this property of on a side road that may not be familiar to the driver.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent stay. I am so sorry you had issues with your AC unit during your stay with us. I truly appreciate you letting us know. Your business is very important to us. I hope you will give us another chance when returning.
Danville, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a somewhat older property located a little bit off the main road, which helped the quietness of the property. We had a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. It was great having a full refrigerator and stove, although we didn't have the chance to take advantage of the appliances since we only stayed one night. Unfortunately, there was no hot water throughout our stay, which of course severely impacted the pleasure of our stay. The fitness room was great, and I would have enjoyed the equipment with their built-in TV screens had I been able to take a shower.

The staff were great, and made the best of a bad situation. They were professional and friendly and very apologetic about the lack of hot water. We were given a very generous adjustment to our bill, which made us feel a bit better about our stay. I was a little surprised that they didn't have any bananas on the complimentary breakfast as that is pretty much a staple at most hotels, regardless of cost.

Due to the professionalism of the staff, we will probably give this hotel another try on our next trip into Dayton.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay. I am so sorry that you experienced no hot water during your stay. We actually had 3 units go out on that Saturday evening. Your business is extremely important to us at the Dayton TownePlace Suites. And we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Dayton Area.
Manchester, Missouri
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel is tucked behind some other hotels off the main road which provided for a quite stay. The hotel itself is very clean with nice rooms and comfortable beds. The fixtures were up to date and modern. My only concern was with the hotel staff at check in. I booked my stay under a promo the hotel was running which provided you with a gift card to Scene 75, local entertainment center. I had 2 other co-workers with me that had the same promo for their room. We checked in and the hotel staff mentioned that they were out of the gift cards and that they would need to mail the cards to us. This never happened and I have tried several times through the front desk manager (Sheila S.) to follow up but still no gift cards. Why run a promotion if you are not going to support it. This is not a huge deal but it shouldn't be that hard to follow through on this. My past several trips in town, I have stayed at other local hotels. If you are just booking a normal rate room, no problems I am sure but hopefully they are not running promos like this going forward.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
I am so sorry this was your experience. I am new to the property and of course was not here when you stayed last year. Please contact me at the hotel and I will definately look into this and make it right. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend in a 1BR suite. The suite had a separate sleeping area and a living area with a sofa-bed and Kitchenette which was nice for storing drinks and snacks and making quick meals. Check-in was very very quick and pleasant. The hotel is in the back corner of commercial "strip" right at the intersection of Interstates 70 & 75. Its tucked back in behind a Cracker Barrel and doesn't have as much signage as many of its surrounding properties. I typically stay at the Residence Inn in Troy, OH when in the Dayton area but since that hotel was booked I found this to be a suitable and cheaper alternative.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback about your stay. We are so glad you were able to enjoy some quiet time while staying at our facility. I hope you will come back and see us soon during your next visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Very convenient to highway but very quiet. Staff was great - property was very clean - internet service was excellent - plenty of parking - food was typical of this level of hotel - would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business