“Surprisingly good value”

TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I never stayed at a TownePlace Suites before. The hotel staff was very welcoming and accommodated our last minute room request. The room was spacious and well appointed. If I had one item I wish the carpet were vacuumed more thoroughly but it was not objectionable. The overall experience was very positive and I would definitely stay here again. It is very well located for shopping and restaurants. Better value for the money than I anticipated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again, very soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our middle school percussion ensemble recently spent 6 evenings at the TownePlace Suites and the stay was memorable. The staff was accommodating and easy to work with, especially regarding our schedule - which changed every day. The breakfasts were hot and always had plenty of refills. The rooms were clean, roomy and quiet. The front lobby / breakfast area was open 24/7 for the adults to meet during quiet hours and plan the next days schedules. The location worked well as everything we needed was close by. The in room kitchens allowed us to cook meals "in house" and provide home cooked meals that were appreciated by all. We will definitely plan to stay at the TownePlace Suites during our next stay in the Dayton area !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your nice comments! We hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Had a rough start at another hotel left there and came here and was very satisfied with the service and the room, the breakfast was also very good, your typical hotel breakfast. Would definitely come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Glad you had a good stay at our Property! Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Been here going on 4 months. They have done a great job of taking care of my room and every need since I arrived. I am surrounded by many chain resturants and a accomodations of all kinds. Close to the airport plus downtown. Easy interstate access.

Room Tip: Read the other reviews and somehow I am not sure where the prejudice part came in. After 4 months I...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your sweet comments! Your business is very important to us!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The accommodations are fantastic, and you couldn't ask for better staff! I look forward to staying at the TownePlace Suites for future visits! The hotel is within walking distance to plenty of local businesses. The only downside was there was no pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank jpagane .
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us! Your business is very important to us! I hope when returning to the Dayton Area you will stay with us!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for an event at the University of Dayton. Our flight got in fairly early so we headed over to the hotel around noon. Front desk said they had nothing available as it was very early and noted that check in was at 3 pm. We left, had lunch, did a little shopping and returned at 2:45. Again, front desk said she didn't think anything was ready as it was not yet 3 pm. So we sat in the lobby for a few minutes, and then were told we could check in. Just not the warm and welcoming feeling that I've experienced at other Marriott properties. The room is on the small side, but it's nice to have a full kitchen available. Bathroom is a good size, but I would love a little more counter space for my "stuff". Shower had very soft water. Our bed was just ok; felt a little "worn", and hallway could be very noisy. WIFI is included; worked well and was easy to use. There is an area in the lobby where you can purchase snacks and soda; and there is free breakfast in the morning from 6 to 9. Cracker Barrel and Arby's are next door. Walmart is down the street, as are Lots of other dining options. Right off of Interstate 75 which takes you into downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for staying with us. I really appreciate your feedback. I will definately talk to my Guest Service Staff about your comments with the lack of warmth and that you did not feel welcome. I am so sorry you felt that way. I truly hope you will give us another chance when returning to the Dayton Area.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. My family and I stayed in the TownePlace Suites hotel for a week and it was not a good idea. The staff are rude and prejudice. The hotel itself is not clean at all. It looks like a run down shack. They served complimentary breakfast but singled my family out for taking a muffin to our room. I wouldnt let my pet rats stay at this hotel. Warning, keep going do not stop here look for another hotel to have a good night's rest.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yashanda I
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Please accept my deepest apology that you had a unpleasant experience during your recent stay. I have taken your comments and communicated this with the staff. We are extremely concerned your stay was less than perfect. Please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further.