TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
View Hotel
All reviewstwo bedroom suitelarge closetshower chairfront deskmax and ermasmini kitchenboiled eggsexercise facilityodd angleelliptical machinehappily stay againcracker barrelsam's clubshowing some wearon demandextra sheetschain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had to jump on here and give credit where credit is due. Stayed here just one night for a concert at the Fraze Pavilion. Room was nice/clean. Extra blanket was provided without question. Breakfast was good. Great room for around $80.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and stay with us very soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had plans to go camping - but due to the weather, we had to change plans at the last minute! Thank goodness there was a room available, and would accomadate the 7 (2 adults, 5 kids) of us. It came with breakfast as well! It was wonderful and clean for an overnight stay!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. Glad you had a great time! Come back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

During a short two-nigh stay in Dayton, while on a business trip to Wright-Patterson AFB, I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Dayton on Maxton Road. The exterior seems reasonably well-maintained and the parking lot is easily accessible. There is no covered check-in, drop-off zone but this was a minor inconvenience due to the proximity of the parking lot.

Due to an early flight, I arrived before the standard check-in time but the clerk said if I came back in an hour she would ensure my room was ready. After a trip to Walmart to pick up some items, I came back and the room was ready which allowed me time for a nap. A nice and much appreciated bit of customer service from the lovely receptionist. Not sure of her name but she had some ink which I found interesting in a good way.

The room was nicely appointed with a full refrigerator and dishwasher. The bed was very comfortable with clean sheets and covers. A great feature is the dual controls for the air conditioner, with one on the unit and one on the wall. It was mostly quiet except for some minor disturbance in the parking lot in the wee hours of the morning. It seems some were having a loud animated conversation but it ended after ten minutes. Certainly not a new hotel or new rooms but the rooms are modern and well-maintained.

The continental-style breakfast seemed adequate with fruit, toast, bagels, cereals, juice, milk, and coffee. The one thing I would add is some type of protein. it would take a bit more effort but would give a more balanced meal.

Near the hotel is a large number of restaurants, including a Cracker Barrel next door. I ate at o'Charley's which has a happy hour 1500-1900 and it was great. Also, a Walmart and Sam's Club are about three blocks away.

The only real concern I had was my receipt was not ready at checkout. I did check out at 0400 due to an early flight but most Marriot properties have the receipt ready just after midnight. My receipt was also incorrect. The clerk provide me with two other receipts after I addressed my concerns, all had different amounts. Upon my return home, I called the manager and got a corrected copy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent stay and hope you will return to our hotel when returning to the Dayton Area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

And I was pleasantly surprised on how nice the hotel is. I got upgraded to a corner room on the first floor with two bedrooms. Spacious and fresh look. Good staff and decent breakfast. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance and easy to find off the interstate. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I believe the corner room with two bedrooms was called "The Kennedy Suite".
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Glad you enjoyed your Stay! See you next time!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice rooms. Overall the hotel was in very good shape except there were the same bags of garbage in the stairways during our entire stay. We also had an issue with our TV that was resolved after contacting the front desk twice. The breakfast is OK, cereals, yogurt, fruit, breads/sweet and biscuits/gravy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Glad you had a good visit. Will definately get these issues addressed. Hope when traveling back to the Dayton Area you will choose our hotel.