We have been coming to this hotel for 3 years for Hamvention weekend and always fill our ten rooms. Every year there seems to be an issue at the front desk with rooms and reservations. Each prior year we just explained it away that maybe it was a new person behind the counter. This year that didn't fly. The hotel was full so I would think that you would have your "BEST" people in there to make sure everything went smooth. This hotel is very nice but the management is very hard to get in touch with. I made reservations for our group over 10 months ago for this past weekend. We reserved 10 rooms and confirmed our reservations with our credit cards and received emails stating the confirmation number and the type of room. We thought we were all set. Well for the most part we were but we had the following issues.
1. Even with our reservation numbers in hand (and checking in at 3:30 in the afternoon) a confirmation of a two room suite plus the actual e-mail stating this, we were "bumped" (hotel staff explanation) to a single room (1 bed) and the pull out in the sitting area. How can you be bumped if you have a confirmation/reservation number and an email stating this? (sorta makes you wonder why they need your credit card to hold the room) It was explained that we did have the 2 room suite but were bumped for some unknown reason. Well not good for two folks that want to share a room. After about two hours and finally getting the manager involved we were given a 2 room suite.
2. Evening staff at the front desk seemed to have very little compassion for the guests. We had multiple issues (outside fire pit didn't work on Sat night, Whirlpool luke warm at best) . We and others addressed these issues with the front desk and we were told that the maintenance guy looked but didn't know what the problem was and was not sure where the "Buttons" were to correct the issue. Folks the whirl pool and the outside gas fire pit are a huge draw that other hotels don't have you need to keep these up and running. You charge for these "EXTRAS" and we are willing to pay for them please keep them running and when we ask for help to keep them that way at least act like you care.
3. We had confirmed rooms and prices (or so we thought). When we checked out some folks had the confirmed price of $119 for a 2 bedroom suite, others had $109 and others had $129. Come on folks that is your cash flow at least get that right.
I know this seems like a rant but this place is really nice and the staff (not behind the front desk) is very helpful and friendly. The staff in the eating area is very polite, positive and is willing to help with anything. The cleaning staff does a superb job on the rooms and halls. Even after all of the issue stated above our club will be back next year. But we will be making sure that confirmed reservations are in hand and we will be making phone calls a week prior to our stay to reconfirm everything. This place just needs spiffing up behind the front desk (all the way up to the manger) and this will be a superb place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Residence Inn Dayton North! Conveniently located at the crossroads of America near I-70/I-75, you will discover Dayton and so much more. Our extended stay accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, large work area and separate living and sleeping areas. A diverse economic base, distinct cultural attractions, expansive recreational space and excellent city services showcase Dayton's creative side. Our close proximity to the Dayton Airport and Wright Patterson Air Force Base allow you to stay close to many major companies. Before heading out into our exciting city, enjoy our complimentary Home Touch hot breakfast buffet and leave a grocery list at the front desk. Join us for The Mix Monday - Wednesday in the Gatehouse for complimentary snacks and drinks or purchase your favorites at our 24-hour Market. After a productive day, you can enjoy our indoor heated pool, hot tub, or 24 hour fitness center. The Dayton North Residence Inn by Marriott is dedicated to exceeding your expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Residence Inn Dayton North Ohio