First, great hotel. Clean, clean, clean. We stayed in a 2br suite Feb 2013 at the end of a long hall, and it was as quiet as the grave back there. Lobby looks good; check in was easy. Our requested extra towels were there as were feather-free pillows, too. Thanks for that, Residence Inn! No matter how many times I request it in the reservation, this was perhaps the first time it happened without asking once we'd arrived. Breakfast was good, the usual Residence Inn fare. There's a fair amount of seating, which is sometimes a problem at the RI's. Location is pretty convenient for freeway and anything you might want to do in Dayton. Overall, very nice stay.
Couple of cons, though, and they aren't entirely the RI's fault. We went to the pool for a quick dip. It's a really nice area and the pool is decent. But.....There were 16 very loud kids there with one adult. Now, my kids aren't quiet at pools. I mean, it's a POOL. I'm okay with noise. And really, the 16 weren't that horrible all in all, but one adult--who looked exhausted--just can't supervise that many kids and they were jumping, screaming, and generally doing what kids do in pools and often they were doing it right on top off my kids. Again, they weren't terrible, they just needed a bit more supervision than 1/16th of a nearly asleep adult. Had a wee bit of a wait getting an extra blanket last night too; the night desk person seemed stretched a bit thin.
I was a little bit appalled at the behavior of the guests at breakfast. Loading up two enormous platefuls of food, eating them, then loading up two more enormous plates to go? Gross. Letting your kids stand at the juice fountain to drink cup after cup? Gross. Making 10 waffles in a row, half to go? Rude. Despite the nice seating and comfortable lobby, we were outta there pretty quickly. Again, I can't hold RI accountable for the tasteless behavior of their guests, but we didn't see any breakfast staff around at all, which is pretty unusual. Maybe if they'd been around the tacky behaviors might have ebbed a bit; maybe not. Would I stay there again? Sure. It's clean, convenient, and overall our stay was fine. Can't hold hotel staff responsible for seriously bad guest behavior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Residence Inn Dayton North! Conveniently located at the crossroads of America near I-70/I-75, you will discover Dayton and so much more. Our extended stay accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, large work area and separate living and sleeping areas. A diverse economic base, distinct cultural attractions, expansive recreational space and excellent city services showcase Dayton's creative side. Our close proximity to the Dayton Airport and Wright Patterson Air Force Base allow you to stay close to many major companies. Before heading out into our exciting city, enjoy our complimentary Home Touch hot breakfast buffet and leave a grocery list at the front desk. Join us for The Mix Monday - Wednesday in the Gatehouse for complimentary snacks and drinks or purchase your favorites at our 24-hour Market. After a productive day, you can enjoy our indoor heated pool, hot tub, or 24 hour fitness center. The Dayton North Residence Inn by Marriott is dedicated to exceeding your expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Residence Inn Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Residence Inn Dayton North Ohio