“Perfect for Short or Extended Stays”

Residence Inn Dayton North
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
“Perfect for Short or Extended Stays”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stayed at this property for a couple weeks on business. Had a really nice one-bedroom suite. Probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Was working nights and really appreciated the peace and quiet I found here. I was really nice not being so close to I-75. The staff was always pleasant and went out of their way to make sure my stay was a good one. After having stayed at several of the other motels along Miller Lane over the last couple of years I can honestly say I won't stay anywhere but here on any future visits.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are definitely the quietest. I was on the top floor and that seemed to help as we...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. I am so happy to hear that we will be your hotel of choice when you are in town. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!
Travis Weller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have now stayed at this property several times and each time was better than the last! The staff is super helpful and always willing to please. The Breakfast crew does a great job! I would highly reccomend this hotel for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel to avoid hearing the garbage truck dumping the garbage...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am so glad to hear the you are a repeat guest and that each stay gets better. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!
Enon
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My great nieces have been anxious to make a return visit to your hotel because they had so much fun on our last visit. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was wonderful, we all had a bed and a bathroom. The room was spotless and in excellent condition. The staff were all so welcoming and nice to us. Of course the pool was a big part of their good time and I agree with others on this site that it can become overwhelmed with unsupervised kids on Sat. nights. On Fri. night and in the mornings we had the pool to ourselves. The hot breakfast was also a big hit with them, the food was good, they had a big selection sure to please anyone and of course the waffle marker made it special.The area around the hotel has many kid friendly restaurants and a Walmart with groceries that makes it easy to please the little ones. Because the room has a full kitchen eating in or storing snacks is easy. We also visited the Boonshoft Childrens Museum and Planetarium and Scene 75 a huge indoor Entertainment Center very nearby. We had a wonderful weekend and will be back for our next staycation soon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure meeting you during your past stay. Thank you so much for staying with us. I am very happy that we are able provide a relaxing and convenient place for a staycation. I look forward to seeing you the next time you need to get away!

Albany, NY
Reviewed 25 February 2013

On a recent R&R getaway with constant companion, we booked a King fireplace suite for two nights. The room was clean, large and warm. As a matter of fact, even though the weather outside was windy and frigid, we had to turn off the fireplace periodically to keep from over heating.
Breakfast was very good and quite complete. The location is right in the center of many chain restaurants and shops and 5 minutes from the airport. For our room type the price was extremely reasonable. If you're traveling through the area I highly recommend.

Room Tip: In the winter, try one of the fireplace suites. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The One Bedroom Fireplace Suite is my favorate. Nothing better than being able to turn on the fireplace on a cold winter nice. It also provides a little more space than the normal room. Again, thank you so much and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I walked in and felt 'like home'!

I stayed for two night, and was relaxed, and felt safe the entire stay. There are many eating establishments around the hotel, Sam's Club is right next door, Walmart is less than a mile away (you could actually walk if it was a nice day and you didn't need a lot of items). A resonsonable priced gas station right on the corner (as cheap as you can get with the prices these days). It is close to the airport (about a 10 min drive), so I gassed the car up at the corner station, and was good when I dropped it off at the airport. Breakfast was what I expected...Belgian waffle maker, muffins, cereal, oatmeal (with various toppings), sausage patties, etc..you get the picture...point is, I would stay here again!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor (I normally don't, however, for one night, I could deal). Even thou...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location. We have everything around us so there is no shortage of options for dining and shopping. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Sincerely
Columbus
Reviewed 10 February 2013

First, great hotel. Clean, clean, clean. We stayed in a 2br suite Feb 2013 at the end of a long hall, and it was as quiet as the grave back there. Lobby looks good; check in was easy. Our requested extra towels were there as were feather-free pillows, too. Thanks for that, Residence Inn! No matter how many times I request it in the reservation, this was perhaps the first time it happened without asking once we'd arrived. Breakfast was good, the usual Residence Inn fare. There's a fair amount of seating, which is sometimes a problem at the RI's. Location is pretty convenient for freeway and anything you might want to do in Dayton. Overall, very nice stay.

Couple of cons, though, and they aren't entirely the RI's fault. We went to the pool for a quick dip. It's a really nice area and the pool is decent. But.....There were 16 very loud kids there with one adult. Now, my kids aren't quiet at pools. I mean, it's a POOL. I'm okay with noise. And really, the 16 weren't that horrible all in all, but one adult--who looked exhausted--just can't supervise that many kids and they were jumping, screaming, and generally doing what kids do in pools and often they were doing it right on top off my kids. Again, they weren't terrible, they just needed a bit more supervision than 1/16th of a nearly asleep adult. Had a wee bit of a wait getting an extra blanket last night too; the night desk person seemed stretched a bit thin.

I was a little bit appalled at the behavior of the guests at breakfast. Loading up two enormous platefuls of food, eating them, then loading up two more enormous plates to go? Gross. Letting your kids stand at the juice fountain to drink cup after cup? Gross. Making 10 waffles in a row, half to go? Rude. Despite the nice seating and comfortable lobby, we were outta there pretty quickly. Again, I can't hold RI accountable for the tasteless behavior of their guests, but we didn't see any breakfast staff around at all, which is pretty unusual. Maybe if they'd been around the tacky behaviors might have ebbed a bit; maybe not. Would I stay there again? Sure. It's clean, convenient, and overall our stay was fine. Can't hold hotel staff responsible for seriously bad guest behavior.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator towards end of halls.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that all your requests were met upon arrival. I am sorry to hear about the crowed pool and the guests and breakfast. I will address this with my team and see what we can do to prevent these issues going forward. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Virginia
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The only staff member I can give any kudos to is the lady that runs the breakfast. She is a joy. She did a fantastic job of keeping everything clean and fresh while greeting everyone and making them feel at home. That isn't enough encourage me to ever stay there again. I am a government employee and travel to Dayton frequently. This will be my first and last stay at this Residence Inn.

I always turn my hotel room lights off when I leave and most days when I returned there were several lights left on by the cleaning staff. The cleaning left a lot to be desired. One day I even returned to a pile of trash in the toilet and realized that they had dumped the bathroom trash into the toilet and had forgotten to flush. The cleanliness of the room varied by day and had me worried about the last time an actual vacuum had seen the room.

When I examined the bill slipped under the door I realized that they had charged me the wrong rate. When I approached the staff at the desk I was told that it was because my room had a fireplace. When I booked my rooms online I selected a special rate. I assumed that since I had selected government rate then I would only be shown rooms available at that rate which has always been the case with searches on the Marriott web site. When I complained about the rate to the front desk staff they just said that they could search the web site and show the same rate. The tone of the staff was accusing and not at all conciliatory. I used to run a business and have an MBA and can tell you that the front desk staff needs a considerable amount of training in customer service.

The walls and floors are way too thin. I was reminded of cheap motels my dad would use when I was a kid (can't blame him - there were 8 of us). I could hear every alarm clock going off in rooms beside, above and below. I could even tell when people were brushing their teeth by the sounds.

Overall this was the worst experience I have ever had in a Residence Inn. I’ve stayed in at least six different Residence Inns in the last three or four years. The Residence Inn brand image is permanently stained in my mind. I haven’t given up yet (except for this location) but will be much more cautious in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for writing a review. I am so sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues that you experienced. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and I am addressing it with the housekeeping supervisor.

I researched your reservation and see that you had booked a One Bedroom Fireplace Suite at a discounted government rate of $92.00. The normal rate of that room type is $139.99, so you had a savings of $47.99 per night. I apologize if there was any confusion on the rate.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Dayton area.