“Good choice if you need to be near Dayton or environs” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Dayton North

Residence Inn Dayton North
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good choice if you need to be near Dayton or environs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a clean, pleasant property, with helpful, friendly staff. It is also super-convenient to Dayton - at most, a 10-minute drive (no traffic), and there are many decent chain restaurants on the same road. The breakfast is good enough as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Travis Weller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Probably the worst mattress I have ever slept on. Felt literally like a partially inflated air mattress. Zero support. Room clean and nice otherwise.

Come on Marriott, spend some of that money and update the mattresses.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so sorry to hear about your mattress. I understand the frustrations of not getting a good nights sleep due to a poor mattress. When you get a chance, please email at tweller@thmc.biz and let me know your room number, so that we can switch out that mattress. Again, I apologize and I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was in town for a week on Business and stayed at the Residents Inn Dayton North. The hotel is great, granite counter tops in the mini kitchen, decent shower, good hot/cold breakfast choices, and very convenient to evening meals. I was there with four co-workers and we walked to dinner at a different restaurant every night. The staff was very helpful and the room was clead and well maintained.

I will stay there again next time I am up there.

Room Tip: I was near the stairs in 316 I would suggest a room at the end of the hall if you are over sensitive...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nyrken
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Plainfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed at this Residence a couple weeks ago and found it not only clean, up to date and friendly but we found that customer service was excellent! We had a very long road trip from Arizona to New Jersey and made this our last stop.

When we arrived in New Jersey we realized that our two therapeutic pillows were missing. We felt that we had left them at the Dayton Ohio Residence Inn.

I phoned over there and I spoke with Sales Manager Donna and she went through the trouble of tracking them down and took it upon herself to have them shipped to us (....a few calls back and forth and some emails and we received them in tact as we had left them.)

We really appreciated that she did this for us even though we are the ones that left them.

She was very patient with my calls and always treated me like a valued customer. We also appreciated that she did not disregard my initial request by just saying they didn't know where they were.... She looked into it and followed through.

We plan on returning the same way and look forward to booking another stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 821Cat89
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful service that was provided by Donna. She is truly and asset to our team. I will be sure to pass your comments along to her. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Tho the reservationist was one of the most bored sounding people ever, she did get it right. 5 of us traveled and we each had a place to lay our heads. It was clean, and quiet for the most part (except for the barking and barking dog across the hall) and the breakfast was filling: sausage gravy and biscuits, home cut and roasted potatoes (not frozen), scrambled eggs, bowls of fruit. Beds were comfy (had to get sheets for sleeper sofa) and general manager changed the light in overhead bathroom light. Front desk helpful and kind for such a busy place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and letting us know how your stay was. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, although, I do apoloigize for the barking dog. It was my pleasure meeting you and changing your light bulb (jack of all trades). I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at tweller@thmc.biz.
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

This hotel was extremely nice. I can't find a single negative. The hotel was clean. The suites were great and fully equipped. The breakfast was very good. The housejkeeping was excellent. The location was excellent, being only 12 minutes from the airport. If you are looking for a hotel near the airport, this is it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for the kind words. I am so glad that you enjoy our hotel and that we are able to take care of you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me at tweller@thmc.biz.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

We like Residence Inns. We made a reservation at the Dayton Ohio Inn for a convention date of May 16-18, 2013. We made this reservation in OCTOBER 2012! Today, May 10, 2013, we got an email telling us that the INN was "overbooked" and that they were moving us to another Residence Inn in a town 20 miles away. Since this is a convention weekend, local hotels are now sold out. We tried to talk to the hotel management for many hours. We stayed on hold for long periods and left callback numbers, but no one ever returned our calls. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

I would suggest avoiding this Residence Inn so they will not again be troubled by "Overbooking".

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry about the potential situation we put you in and the fact that no one responed to you. I should have made sure the we had reached out to you. While we never like to be in a situation like that, sometimes hotels do become overbooked. Thankfully, we were able to keep your reservation, however had we not, rest assure we would have found you a similar hotel and would have taken care of the first night. Please feel free to reach out to me at tweller@thmc.biz if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!