“Would be a 5 except for the noise...”

Residence Inn Dayton North
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you find yourself at this property, please ask for an odd numbered room (north side). The even number rooms face the receiving dock of the WalMart located right next door and it is very noisy ALL night long. We stayed for two nights and both nights were awaken by trucks backing up, high-lows loading and unloading the trucks and cranes moving the packages. The room itself was very clean, the property is well managed, and one of the nicer Residence Inn's we have stayed at. But for the noise...this review would have been a 5. Only minutes from the Dayton Art Institute and only 20 minutes from Kings Island/Soak City, and lot less expensive than those hotels closer to those attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a north side, odd numbered room, otherwise, enjoy the all night loading and unloading of tru...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carl P
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for providing feedback about your stay. I am so sorry to hear about the noise level from the shopping center side. I completely understand how a good nights sleep is important. Unfortunately we can not do anything about that but there are plenty of rooms away from that side to choose from. I am glad to hear that other than the noise, you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a clean, pleasant property, with helpful, friendly staff. It is also super-convenient to Dayton - at most, a 10-minute drive (no traffic), and there are many decent chain restaurants on the same road. The breakfast is good enough as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Probably the worst mattress I have ever slept on. Felt literally like a partially inflated air mattress. Zero support. Room clean and nice otherwise.

Come on Marriott, spend some of that money and update the mattresses.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so sorry to hear about your mattress. I understand the frustrations of not getting a good nights sleep due to a poor mattress. When you get a chance, please email at tweller@thmc.biz and let me know your room number, so that we can switch out that mattress. Again, I apologize and I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was in town for a week on Business and stayed at the Residents Inn Dayton North. The hotel is great, granite counter tops in the mini kitchen, decent shower, good hot/cold breakfast choices, and very convenient to evening meals. I was there with four co-workers and we walked to dinner at a different restaurant every night. The staff was very helpful and the room was clead and well maintained.

I will stay there again next time I am up there.

Room Tip: I was near the stairs in 316 I would suggest a room at the end of the hall if you are over sensitive...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nyrken

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed at this Residence a couple weeks ago and found it not only clean, up to date and friendly but we found that customer service was excellent! We had a very long road trip from Arizona to New Jersey and made this our last stop.

When we arrived in New Jersey we realized that our two therapeutic pillows were missing. We felt that we had left them at the Dayton Ohio Residence Inn.

I phoned over there and I spoke with Sales Manager Donna and she went through the trouble of tracking them down and took it upon herself to have them shipped to us (....a few calls back and forth and some emails and we received them in tact as we had left them.)

We really appreciated that she did this for us even though we are the ones that left them.

She was very patient with my calls and always treated me like a valued customer. We also appreciated that she did not disregard my initial request by just saying they didn't know where they were.... She looked into it and followed through.

We plan on returning the same way and look forward to booking another stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 821Cat89

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful service that was provided by Donna. She is truly and asset to our team. I will be sure to pass your comments along to her. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Tho the reservationist was one of the most bored sounding people ever, she did get it right. 5 of us traveled and we each had a place to lay our heads. It was clean, and quiet for the most part (except for the barking and barking dog across the hall) and the breakfast was filling: sausage gravy and biscuits, home cut and roasted potatoes (not frozen), scrambled eggs, bowls of fruit. Beds were comfy (had to get sheets for sleeper sofa) and general manager changed the light in overhead bathroom light. Front desk helpful and kind for such a busy place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and letting us know how your stay was. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, although, I do apoloigize for the barking dog. It was my pleasure meeting you and changing your light bulb (jack of all trades). I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at tweller@thmc.biz.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This hotel was extremely nice. I can't find a single negative. The hotel was clean. The suites were great and fully equipped. The breakfast was very good. The housejkeeping was excellent. The location was excellent, being only 12 minutes from the airport. If you are looking for a hotel near the airport, this is it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for the kind words. I am so glad that you enjoy our hotel and that we are able to take care of you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me at tweller@thmc.biz.